Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Saw A Cardiologist Today

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

The VA did a stress test as part of a pre op for a kidney stone. Guess what the stress test I failed. They cancelled the stone surgery. I am still waiting to hear about my cardilogist appointment with a VA doctor...............................................Saw a non VA cardiologist today, he put me on ATENOLOL 25mg and is doing a sonogram? next week and then going to schedule the catherization.

I was reading my C&P for my heart what a joke they said A OK!

So my spinal fusion is now cancelled for who knows how long.

this is what the report for the stress test says

Impression

1. Large, mild severity, adenosine induced abnormality of myocardial perfussion reserve in the inferior LV. A contribution to this defect from a diaphragmatic attenuation artifact can not be excluded.

2. Left ventricular ejection fraction is 48% whic is mildly depressed with normal wall motion and systolic wall thickening.

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

http://www.purelenatural.com/ArticleSafeCholesterol.html

Hypocholestemia and also hyperlipedemia are associated with heart disease.

I would put a claim in for this condition being in your SMRs, and associated with known medical evidence to heart disease.

"The VA stated that Hypocholestemia was a abnormal lab reading and not a condition thus my claim was denied" is there time left to file a Notice of Disagreement on that denail or was it over a year ago?

The VA made a subtle point here- they denied due to the condition but not it's affect.You didnt know its affect then.

It is most likely with your present heart condition, that the hypocholestemia contributed to or caused this.

I am not a doctor but abnormal cholestrol values have known significance to heart problems.But they can be corrected with diet and medication before a lot of damage is done.Part of the reason I succeeded in a Sec 1151 claim was due to VA's negligence in acting on similiar readings in my husband's med records.

They failed to order further lipid tests and I did not know he had severe hyperlipidemia (similiar to the condition you have)until it was diagnosed in an SOC,after he died. By my searching what this condition was, it became part of the overwhelming proof I had ,that VA negligence had caused his death.

In your VA med recs -blood chemistry reports-

under Chol, Triglyc HDL and LDL -there will be values given and also what is the normal reference range-also sometimes these readings will have notation at bottom of the Chem record as to Fasting specimen required for lipid studies.

If the values of these chemistry reports in your med recs are not within the normal VA reference ranges and VA never treated you for either hypocholestemia or hyperlipedemia-

I would file not only the claim for service connection of your present heart disease but also a separate claim under Sec 1151,-if the VA failed to treat a veteran for a disability or condition that they should have, and the veteran acquires resulting disability due to their medical negligence- the VA has to rate and pay comp under Sec. 1151, 38 USC as to the additional disability they caused by their negligence.

This claim can be quite simply stated:

This is a claim under Section 1151, 38 USC. I believe my VA medical records will reveal that I have had longstanding hypocholestemia ,dating back to my service records also, which the VA failed to acknowledge and treat and I have suffered from a resulting disability of heart disease directly due to this medical negligence.

You could refer to and attach the above print out or anything from the ADA or AHA.

If the word hyperlipidemia appears in your med recs-this also indicates a condition that had to be treated with diet and or medication. I am assuming it was when you were in the military that you received the med you mentioned?

Lipid abnormalities are also associated with diabetes and the BVA has SCed hyperlipedimia in some vets that are diabetic.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Went in yesterday for my heart catherization. Spent the night in the hospital. I had one blockage at 100%, and two blockages at 80%.

(remember this was after having a heart exam at the VA in janruary and the examiner not doing a stress test)

The 100% blockage grew its own bypass (freaking remarkable)

They put a stent in one of the 80%ers, and the other artery is so small they are gonna treat with medication.

I layed there and watched them do all this shit on computer screens. Neat but also scary as shit, well as scared as you can be while having morphine in ur IV.

So now I get to take asprtin, plavix, zocor, atenolol every day for the rest of my life. I guess my heart was a time bomb waiting to explode. I am thankfull that in the last two years I lost 55 lbs, otherwise I would more than likley be dead.

Be at least 9 months before I can have my neck surgey or my kidney stone surgery...............I dont think the kidney stone (11 mm) is gonna wait that long.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

Guest jstacy

Jim, I am happy that they found It. I was concerned because the VA puts too much emphasis on Stress testing amd does not do near enough heart caths. The same thing happened to me and I have filed a claim for heart disease. I have had an enlarged heart for years and have been short of breath. I went outside and ( WOW) the Doctor did a Cath the same day.

I hope you can relax a little and get the rest of your problems fixed. Keep the faith.

John

Edited by jstacy

I went outside and ( WOW) the Doctor did a Cath the same day.

What blows me away is that the VA has still neglected any follow up. Guess they figure let the but head die.

Thank god for my tricare insurance.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

Do you think it possible to connect high cholesterol with DMII? I have both now and take Zocor. Just wondering.

I sure do- (if it is hyperlipedemia) but the VA I noticed lately is trying to say what came first-in DMII claims-

If a SC DMII vet has heart disease too or HBP - they will try to suggest the heart disease or HBP came first and is not related to the DMII-they are probably trying to do this with high cholestrol too-

In 1997 the ADA changed their DMII criteria so I bet many vets had diabetes but VA did not revognise it with yearly glucose checks and they developed chosterol problems or even heart disease and strokes before VA diagnosed DMII-the most probable cause of the other disabilties-

John- the VA has awarded secondary SC for hyperlipedemia- this is the high cholestrol profile they are looking for-

usually in DMII patients it means High TryglyC readings but low HDL readings on the Blood Chem reports.

Sometimes they call it hypertriglycemia-

I would look for the above"hyper" words in your med recs and check the blood chem reports and definitely file a claim for it as secondary.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.