VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Accured Benefit

Rate this question

4ransom

Question

B) Berta , thanks for your help as well as others advice on my claim for my deceased husband's

100% disability re-evaluation was awarded . From 50% to 100% PTSD.

Hope this will encourage others to not give up.

I sure wish it had been before his death. He fought so hard for this decesion to be made and reconsidered

but it was to late for him. The facts were there without a doubt, 6 months after I filed it was increased

a retroactive increase to 100% rating decision established from Jan. 2002.

My next question is how long does it take to get the retro pay ? Its been 4 wks, and nothing yet.

How will I know if its correct or not ?

I was denied DIC benefit . I have filed a NOD with all private Dr.'s medical records as well as a death certificate

stating that cause of death was CAD caused or related to SC PTSD.

What else do I need ??

Thanks again

(4ransom)

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

They should have awarded you the accrued benefits with an amount stated in the award letter.

I received an accrued check the same week of the award letter I got.It might have come before the award letter.

I would call them at 800 # and see what the status is of that check.

If you told them you have direct deposit, it could be in your account by now.

You can then go to the VA web site and under the historic rates- figure out what his comp should have been with the new award,in his lifetime, and subtract from it what he received during this period in his lifetime.

The Bonny V Principi decision states that all deaths occurring after Dec 16, 2003 allow for all accrued benefits to be paid ,after application (the 21-534 form) to the surviving spouse.