Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success From Waco Ro

Rate this topic

ArmyTexas

Just spoke with my DAV Rep in Waco. I must say, I'm really impressed with her. Took time out of her day to call a day early with results and go over them with me. Rating down breakdown below

Before:

60% Asthma

10% Cervical DDD

10% Tinitus

0% Hearing

70% overall

Asked for increase in Cervical DDD for ROM, asked for secondary Cervical Radiculopathy, and secondary Headaches. VA did infer IU after looking at doctors notes.

Here's what happened:

60% Asthma

30% Cervical DDD

10%Left, 10%Right Cervical Radiculopathy

10% Tinitus

0% Hearing

Headaches NSC C&P examiner stated not due to Cervical problems, My Neurologist said yes. Have to see what it says.

IU-Denied, I knew that one, Still working

Overall 80% with backpay from Jan 22, 2009.

Overall happy with the results, I'll have to wait until I get the official letter before I do the happy dance and keep checking the bank account.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your win!

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

Just spoke with my DAV Rep in Waco. I must say, I'm really impressed with her. Took time out of her day to call a day early with results and go over them with me. Rating down breakdown below

Before:

60% Asthma

10% Cervical DDD

10% Tinitus

0% Hearing

70% overall

Asked for increase in Cervical DDD for ROM, asked for secondary Cervical Radiculopathy, and secondary Headaches. VA did infer IU after looking at doctors notes.

Here's what happened:

60% Asthma

30% Cervical DDD

10%Left, 10%Right Cervical Radiculopathy

10% Tinitus

0% Hearing

Headaches NSC C&P examiner stated not due to Cervical problems, My Neurologist said yes. Have to see what it says.

IU-Denied, I knew that one, Still working

Overall happy with the results, I'll have to wait until I get the official letter before I do the happy dance and keep checking the bank account.

Happy for ya! You'll probably see the money in the bank several days before you get the letter.

Blackbird

Blackbird

ArmyTexas,

Congrats - another step up on the rung of VBA's ladder.

"Headaches NSC C&P examiner stated not due to Cervical problems, My Neurologist said yes."

Check out to see in Reasonable/Benefit of the Doubt would apply

and/or get an IMO and sway it in your favor and request reconsideration.

If you want to NOD - the NOD clock is still ticking while

awaiting reconsideration.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Thanks Carlie,

I called my Neurosurgeon with the news and he said just to bring the paperwork with their comments and he would write a stronger letter and also let one of his fellow Neurologist's review my file and write an opinion. I just want it S/C, don't care about the percentage at this point.

Overall I think the WacoRO did a good job, The C&P examiner was the one to say not secondary. General Practice Vs. Neurosurgeon.

ArmyTexas,

Congrats - another step up on the rung of VBA's ladder.

"Headaches NSC C&P examiner stated not due to Cervical problems, My Neurologist said yes."

Check out to see in Reasonable/Benefit of the Doubt would apply

and/or get an IMO and sway it in your favor and request reconsideration.

If you want to NOD - the NOD clock is still ticking while

awaiting reconsideration.

jmho,

carlie

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use