VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Doctor Said I Can Not Hold A Job

Rate this question

masters101

Question

I applied for social security in July 2009, I had two doctor evaluations. The phychologist said I was unable to work and suffer from severe depression. The other Doctor; Dr Sherman flat out lied in his evaluation. He asked me how much I could lift and I told him my 3 current Doctors do not recommend more than 5 pounds, he put down 25 to 50 lbs. I have had four surgeries on my knees and need a complete knee replacement. He put down that I could bend and move my knees with no problem. He asked me to squat and I told him I could not, he put down in the report that I did not squat but later said I could squat with no problem. He took a couple xrays and reported nothing wrong with back and neck. Even though I have two separate MRI reports which I brought with me, showing I have four herniated disk, four ruptured disk, spondylitis, and of no range of motion. He asked how long I could sit without pain and I told him 15 minutes, he put down in his report that I can sit for 6 hours out of 8. I am still in complete shock at how off base this bastard was from the truth. I have three other Doctor reports that say the compete opposite of this Guy. Is there anything that can be done to this Doctor? What this guy is doing is criminal and He should be removed from this type of evaluation. Based on his evaluation I will probably be hiring a lawyer. He even handed me a brochure for a law firm that specializes in getting social security approved.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If your SSD award is any way connected with your VA Service Connection you should have at east 100% TDIU

• HadIt.com Elder

"Based on his evaluation I will probably be hiring a lawyer. He even handed me a brochure for a law firm that specializes in getting social security approved."

Don't you realize what was happening?

C'mon dude.........................................don't disappoint me here, okay?

There is a whole "sub-culture" of docs and lawyers, they gather around the honey pot called "claims" like flies to a vat of fermenting beer!

And, to make sure that each other is "taken-care-of".........well, surely you see where this is going. Don't you?

Call the lawyer. Play the game. And, voila, YOU WIN!

.........next.

I applied for social security in July 2009, I had two doctor evaluations. The phychologist said I was unable to work and suffer from severe depression. The other Doctor; Dr Sherman flat out lied in his evaluation. He asked me how much I could lift and I told him my 3 current Doctors do not recommend more than 5 pounds, he put down 25 to 50 lbs. I have had four surgeries on my knees and need a complete knee replacement. He put down that I could bend and move my knees with no problem. He asked me to squat and I told him I could not, he put down in the report that I did not squat but later said I could squat with no problem. He took a couple xrays and reported nothing wrong with back and neck. Even though I have two separate MRI reports which I brought with me, showing I have four herniated disk, four ruptured disk, spondylitis, and of no range of motion. He asked how long I could sit without pain and I told him 15 minutes, he put down in his report that I can sit for 6 hours out of 8. I am still in complete shock at how off base this bastard was from the truth. I have three other Doctor reports that say the compete opposite of this Guy. Is there anything that can be done to this Doctor? What this guy is doing is criminal and He should be removed from this type of evaluation. Based on his evaluation I will probably be hiring a lawyer. He even handed me a brochure for a law firm that specializes in getting social security approved.

If what you say is true, it is sad. But, if you want to get even with this quack you can report him to the states medical board. What I would do if you really want, is contact the medical board they will advise you on how to proceed. But, I would gather the evidence showing your real condition and then send it along with the bogus report to the medical board. Also, you can file a complaint with the SS administration. But I think the medical board is your best bet, maybe it will prevent this from happening to someone else.

JMHO,

Bergie

I would love to have this Doctor no longer in business. He is a fraud and several really sick people are not getting approved because of his lies. He was called to testify in California and on the stand he said he would not say anything unless he was paid. I am more bothered with the social security folks. They know the reports are false, but they have another tool to deny. Yes I plan on hiring a lawyer if I am denied. I would go to the medical board, however they are worthless. The medical board is a group of Doctors who protect each other. It really makes a person feel powerless to the system. People are losing their homes, families, and their lives waiting years to be approved. It is criminal in my mind, social security is a right that we all pay into.

Both my reports went into social security 9 days ago so I should here back soon.

• HadIt.com Elder
I would love to have this Doctor no longer in business. He is a fraud and several really sick people are not getting approved because of his lies. He was called to testify in California and on the stand he said he would not say anything unless he was paid. I am more bothered with the social security folks. They know the reports are false, but they have another tool to deny. Yes I plan on hiring a lawyer if I am denied. I would go to the medical board, however they are worthless. The medical board is a group of Doctors who protect each other. It really makes a person feel powerless to the system. People are losing their homes, families, and their lives waiting years to be approved. It is criminal in my mind, social security is a right that we all pay into.

Both my reports went into social security 9 days ago so I should here back soon.

I'm gonna hate myself, when I say what I gotta say, but, I come from a long family history of lawyers (I spent more time IN the bar, instead of studying FOR the bar, but at least I didn't wind up chasing ambulances!). My advice:

Play the game.

It's kinda like the New Orleans Saints playing Boanventure High School (You the lone Bonaventure High athlete, the lawyers, they the New Orleans Saints), are you getting the picture?

Call the damn lawyer.

Tell him that your good buddy, Doc Whatshisname, referred you to him.