Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Doctor Said I Can Not Hold A Job

Rate this question

masters101

Question

I applied for social security in July 2009, I had two doctor evaluations. The phychologist said I was unable to work and suffer from severe depression. The other Doctor; Dr Sherman flat out lied in his evaluation. He asked me how much I could lift and I told him my 3 current Doctors do not recommend more than 5 pounds, he put down 25 to 50 lbs. I have had four surgeries on my knees and need a complete knee replacement. He put down that I could bend and move my knees with no problem. He asked me to squat and I told him I could not, he put down in the report that I did not squat but later said I could squat with no problem. He took a couple xrays and reported nothing wrong with back and neck. Even though I have two separate MRI reports which I brought with me, showing I have four herniated disk, four ruptured disk, spondylitis, and of no range of motion. He asked how long I could sit without pain and I told him 15 minutes, he put down in his report that I can sit for 6 hours out of 8. I am still in complete shock at how off base this bastard was from the truth. I have three other Doctor reports that say the compete opposite of this Guy. Is there anything that can be done to this Doctor? What this guy is doing is criminal and He should be removed from this type of evaluation. Based on his evaluation I will probably be hiring a lawyer. He even handed me a brochure for a law firm that specializes in getting social security approved.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I hired an Attorney and he saaid it would take between 18-24 months for approval. So I guess I will wait.

if you became disabled during active duty any time after 2001 they will expedite the claim for you, should be 90 days... its called the wounded warrior program it on the ss website