Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea Claim

Rate this question

highlander1s

Question

I am getting ready to ask the VA for a sleep study, my wife says I quit breathing and snore really bad... I'm guessing I have SA, I have SC ptsd and want to file a claim for SA if diagnosed. Who would I need to write an IMO letter, an independant Dr.??and what type of Dr. would it have to be? thanks

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
It took me 3 1/2 years to get it sc secondary to PTSD and that was the only way I got through my sleep doctor in the civilian world. I had sleep apnea while I was on active duty and for not going on sick call for it I had to wait. I turned statements from my wife and friends that were on active duty with me and the VA did not take the statements into consideration. Pete if you look at my statement I said that it can't happen for him to get a note. You have to remeber he is dealing with the VA and majority of VA dr. do not like to write notes.

You are right about that

I just got my sleep study results--The sleep doc may have given me a nexus as he wrote the cause of my sleep apnea (mixed-severe) could be related to my mood, anxiety disorder (PTSD), medical condition, medications (to treat PTSD) or diabetes-----now I have to get someone to refine the probable cause.

If you have sc diabetes you can probably get SA sc it is one of the major causes is diabetes.

After this DRO I am considering filling a claim for this since it is severe and I have a CPAP from the VA

Make sure that when he writes it for your he connects it to your other issues, because the VA reads these IMO or notes very well. One wrong word can get your claim denied.

I just got my sleep study results--The sleep doc may have given me a nexus as he wrote the cause of my sleep apnea (mixed-severe) could be related to my mood, anxiety disorder (PTSD), medical condition, medications (to treat PTSD) or diabetes-----now I have to get someone to refine the probable cause.

If you have sc diabetes you can probably get SA sc it is one of the major causes is diabetes.

After this DRO I am considering filling a claim for this since it is severe and I have a CPAP from the VA

• HadIt.com Elder

Ruby:

That is major I did not know I could link my sleep apnea to meed disorder

I am glad that you got that