Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C And P Exam

Rate this question

Rich W

Question

I finally got the date for my C&P Exam. I got a packet with a set of questionaires for each condition that I need to fill out before the exam. Does anone have any suggestions on filling these out and the C&P exam?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I finally got the date for my C&P Exam. I got a packet with a set of questionaires for each condition that I need to fill out before the exam. Does anone have any suggestions on filling these out and the C&P exam?

which exam?

what questions..... a list please

Edited by vperl

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup. Tell the truth.

Never say "I'm fine." Unless, of course, YOU ARE FINE (in which case, quit filing claims and clogging up the system for the rest of us :) ), however, if you are not "fine" then do not hesitate to explain the fact.

Tell them what your symptoms are on your worst days.

Tell them what medications you are taking at this time (even if you are "self-medicating", even if it is with Jack Daniels, etc.). Tell them what side effects your medication is causing you.

Tell them if your pain is constant.

Tell them if the crap you are going through (including the pain, lack of sleep, lack of social contact, lack of ambition, lack of close relationships, frustration, etc.) is making you depressed (if it isn't, then maybe you are more mentally ill then ME, because the stuff that I just got through mentioning depresses the HELL outta me, frankly)!

But, tell the truth.

Speaking of "self-medication":

For years I took whatever I could find that would help with the constant pain:

Tylenol

Aspirin

Naproxin (Naprosin)

Any or all of them, and lots of 'em.

Then I got to wondering what was wrong with me..............I couldn't hear anything for the ringing in my ears.

Then I got to stumbling, having trouble keeping "upright", walking into walls, and doors, and stuff (keep me away from power tools, especially power mowers).

Then I got to having gut problems, passing blood, not passing anything for days, then the runs, then the cramps.

Do ya think I might have been taking a little tooooo much pain medication?

GEEEE!?

Like I said, tell them of any effects of your medication, whether it is over the counter stuff or prescribed stuff.

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

One other thing, please don't dress up like you are goin' to church, just dress as you would around the house.

the C&P will ask one or both question when he first meets you

how you doing today...... great, the sun is shinning and I just found a girl friend, and won the lottery

Do you know why you are here today......... to screw the VA... travel pay

just get up put your lawn mowing clothes on and go straight to the exam.... forget to comb hair...

be like you are.. no sunday clothes, or good attitude...., btw, you stink

anything you say positive will be used against you...

after the C&P 3-4 days send in this form requesting the results of your C&P exam on the date you had the exam and what it was for like PTSD or hemerrroids... what ever

http://www4.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-5345a-fill.pdf

just be your obnoxious self..

Since the exam is being done by QTC and not a VAMC

it will take a bit longer for the exam to get entered

into the system.

If it's a MH exam, the doc might have to approve a copy

being released to the claimant.

jmho,

carlie

My two cents would echo Larrys words. I made a major mistake when I went to for my C&P. I spoke of how I felt the day of my interview, and not how I feel during my working day. SPEAK ON HOW YOU FEEL DURING YOUR WORST DAYS.

Edited by myround0