Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Incompetency

Rate this question

gp747

Question

My wife is my payee for my social security retirement . I was on ssi ,and i am planning on asking for an increase from 50% to 80%.

The last time i got my increase the c&p examiner seemed to question my competency and after asking my wife a few questions let me have control of my check.

If i ask and get increase and they want a fiduciary what are the drawbacks and i wouldnt mind my wife having control.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

My wife is my payee for my social security retirement . I was on ssi ,and i am planning on asking for an increase from 50% to 80%.

The last time i got my increase the c&p examiner seemed to question my competency and after asking my wife a few questions let me have control of my check.

If i ask and get increase and they want a fiduciary what are the drawbacks and i wouldnt mind my wife having control.

skunk,

As long as you trust your wife and you wouldnt mind your wife having control,

then why worry.

Also, VBA has not proposed a competency issue yet - - don't fret thinking

about that, at this point.

Fret and work on getting this increase.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder
You got me thinking ,why not ? I have been in and out of mental institutions since

1970 ,was hospitalized in vietnam .

Skunk, Having a change of medication and having just been released from the hospital will make your chances so much greater for the 100&. Be sure to fill out the TDIU Form when you send your papers for the higher evaluation. If you need a copy I will send you the link.

Skunk, Having a change of medication and having just been released from the hospital will make your chances so much greater for the 100&. Be sure to fill out the TDIU Form when you send your papers for the higher evaluation. If you need a copy I will send you the link.

Yes please send me the link. i have a friend that will look at my records and give me some advice. I want to have all my ducks in a row when i file.