• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rep For Vets

Rate this question

carlie

Question

They still did not disclose much.

carlie

Dear:

Thank you for your interest in The Rep for Vets™. Recently I received your email request for assistance. Based on the information you provided, it appears we may be able to assist you. Accordingly, I ask that you please contact me at (888)-573-7838 in order for us to further discuss your claim.

Please be advised that I am an accredited claims agent who is certified to represent veterans in connection with VA compensation claims at the Administrative level. We have handled many cases before the Board of Veterans Appeals. In addition, we are only paid if there is a successful outcome in your case. Our fee is 20 percent of any past due benefits the VA owes you and your dependents. No money is deducted from your future monthly disability checks for our fees. It is important to remember that there are no up-front fees and we are paid only if we are successful in obtaining benefits for you. For more information, please visit our website www.repforvets.com.

Sincerely,

Christopher Loiacono

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

carlie,

Here's an idea:

Request that Mr. Loiacono e-mail or fax you his "authorization letter" from the VA's office of General Counsel.

In the meantime, I'll look to see if he or any other such animal has been entered into the database for VA reps.

carlie,

Here's an idea:

Request that Mr. Loiacono e-mail or fax you his "authorization letter" from the VA's office of General Counsel.

In the meantime, I'll look to see if he or any other such animal has been entered into the database for VA reps.

do not hold me this but a contract has to be made between you and who ever you hire, then this Form is sent to the VA

for approval/////

is i close ?

• HadIt.com Elder

I am going to say this:

If you are not dealing with a recognized (Federally Chartered) Veterans Service Organization, then you are leaving yourself wide open.

As a recognized and registered Veterans Service Officer (Recognized and Registered, after having passed an investigation into my background and after having taken courses provided by the VA and the Texas Veterans Commission and after having passed the required examinations as prescribed by the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs Office of General Counsel), I am sworn to abide by the Federal Privacy Act, HIPPA, etc., and am insured and bonded by my Veterans Service Organization. My Veterans Service Organization and myself are restrained by our charter from the United States from accepting ANY fees for representing a veteran at any time during their claim process.

If you wish, you can have darn near ANYBODY represent you, but, bear in mind, you are giving this person very, very intimate information that would enable them, for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, to assume your identity, to sell your private information to the highest bidder (including insurance companies, etc.). AND, you have no recourse, of course!

Like I said, if you wish to do this, then carry on.......

One other LITTLE item that I feel it is necessary to impart:

An individual can represent you, or any other veteran, ONE TIME ONLY, under VERY SPECIFIC circumstances, ONLY ONE time during their life (read the CFR's, it's there for the reading and if you wish and I have the inclination, then I'll look it up for you).

just sayin'................................

Oh, yeah, BTW, this Reps for Vets, or Vets for Reps or this Christopher Loiacono................nowhere on any list of registered organizations or individual service officers that I could find. But, if they are, then they need to show their authorization, up front and proudly. And, incidentally, I HAVE THE LISTS!!

now I'll crawl back into my little den............and, if you look in here, you'll just see two little eyes staring back ATCHA :-)!

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder
I am going to say this:

If you are not dealing with a recognized (Federally Chartered) Veterans Service Organization, then you are leaving yourself wide open.

As a recognized and registered Veterans Service Officer (Recognized and Registered, after having passed an investigation into my background and after having taken courses provided by the VA and the Texas Veterans Commission and after having passed the required examinations as prescribed by the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs Office of General Counsel), I am sworn to abide by the Federal Privacy Act, HIPPA, etc., and am insured and bonded by my Veterans Service Organization. My Veterans Service Organization and myself are restrained by our charter from the United States from accepting ANY fees for representing a veteran at any time during their claim process.

If you wish, you can have darn near ANYBODY represent you, but, bear in mind, you are giving this person very, very intimate information that would enable them, for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, to assume your identity, to sell your private information to the highest bidder (including insurance companies, etc.). AND, you have no recourse, of course!

Like I said, if you wish to do this, then carry on.......

One other LITTLE item that I feel it is necessary to impart:

An individual can represent you, or any other veteran, ONE TIME ONLY, under VERY SPECIFIC circumstances, ONLY ONE time during their life (read the CFR's, it's there for the reading and if you wish and I have the inclination, then I'll look it up for you).

just sayin'................................

Oh, yeah, BTW, this Reps for Vets, or Vets for Reps or this Christopher Loiacono................nowhere on any list of registered organizations or individual service officers that I could find. But, if they are, then they need to show their authorization, up front and proudly. And, incidentally, I HAVE THE LISTS!!

now I'll crawl back into my little den............and, if you look in here, you'll just see two little eyes staring back ATCHA :-)!

Larry I am NOT advocating for Reps for Vets or any agency like them but in my case I was told by experienced SOs from AL, PVA, VFW and DAV that I needed to drop my claim for CAD and hypertension secondary to PTSD that it was impossible to win and was told to start over in May 2007 with a claim for hypertension a 10% issue and then after it was approved file for the CAD secondary to hypertension which would have dropped the necessity of the VA paying back pay to Dec 2002 when I filed my original claim for "heart problems" that a AL SO filed he never used the word CAD or a code number so the RO denied the claim and I don't blame them now knowing what I have learned the SO had other things on his mind and veterans claims was not at the top of his "to do list" he was a chair warmer at that point in his life

A NOVA lawyer took my claim pro bono and in less than 6 months met with the DRO and he denied it again they filed the form 9 and took it to BVA in less than 6 months we had the BVA hearing August 2008 RO denied Feb 4 2009 BVA hearing the lawyer paid for a new IMO in Jan 2009 that was entered into evidence from a cardiac doctor on April 7 2009 we got the decison the BVA granted the claim if I had listened to the SOs that knew all I would have lost the earlier effective date and 18,000 in back pay for SMC S I wanted to pay the 20% and the lawyer refused the money saying it was done pro bono and I couldn't pay it so they are not all evil I would recommend NOVA lawyers in a minute to anyone groups like Vet for reps never licensed attornies have ethics laws they have to live with also and yes the NOVA lawyers have to pass the exams to practice VA also they are not "rogues"

I, too, hired a NOVA lawyer. Since the VA granted me 100% SC without going to hearing, the lawyer also did not charge me a cent. He said that "he ONLY helped me organize what I had already gathered". BULL-HOCKEY, he and his secretary put a lot of time in - pro bono.

That being the case, I don't mind that he will get the maximum amount of $5,300 if I get a Fully Favorable from my SSDI hearing scheduled later this month.

• HadIt.com Elder

To me Peace of Mind is worth the small amount that a lawyer makes on Social Security claims but the 20% that the VA allows is kind of high for an old Veteran claim. I wish that VA would establish a maximum that is fair or better yet that after a Veteran has had a claim that is over two years old the VA should pay the lawyers fee.