Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel Pay Deductible

Rate this question

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The VA typically takes out a small deductible (I think it is $6.00 or so) when they issue travel pay. Does anyone know if we still have to pay the deductible once we go over 50% SC?

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You still have to pay the deductible regardless if you are 10% or 100%.

The VA typically takes out a small deductible (I think it is $6.00 or so) when they issue travel pay. Does anyone know if we still have to pay the deductible once we go over 50% SC?

• HadIt.com Elder

Everyone pays the deductible, except if you're on pension and it's a hardship but that must be pre-approved. The deductible is only taken on the 1st three round trips in any given month. It's my understanding that it goes into a fund administered by the VARO director that he/she can use for parties, BBQ's, or whatever the director deems appropriate.

pr

That's cool, as long as we get invited to the parties.

I think I also read somewhere that the deductible is waived if you are going for a c&p exam. Anyone know if this true?

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

No offense but why would you think it's okay for us disabled vets to subsidize the VA and their party schedule. I know some are for vets but they are taking money from "us." Ya know VA employees get paid a higher mileage rate and are paid the mileage they submit, w/no deductible, while we are paid a discounted zip code to zip code rate. I think we've already given enough when we served and wrote a blank check that said we've give up our lives, if necessary. Oh yeah, yes, there's no deductible on C&P exams. jmo

pr

That's cool, as long as we get invited to the parties.

I think I also read somewhere that the deductible is waived if you are going for a c&p exam. Anyone know if this true?

bump