Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got His Rehabilitated Status Overturned With Voc Rehab

Rate this topic

hawkfire27

A few years before my husband and I were married he went through the voc rehab ILP program for the first time, not really knowing what it was, and he got given a computer which was great for him to keep up with the kids. However, as he is gettin golder his mobility is getting a little harder to handle so not knowing much about the ILP we sent in another application to see if he could receive some help in the mobility department.

Well after a couple of very annoying VA staff and some cold hard facts, we have found a brilliant Voc Rehab staff member who has overturned his rehabilitated status which allows him back into the program!!!!! Still waiting on his disability claim that is turning into a nightmare, but I didn't want to forget to mention that even when things are turning to sh*t there is still good people in the VA and even small victories like ours today really do help in the long run.

I like that saying going around, "Never give up", anyone seen that pic of the frog going down the pelicans mouth????? My husband was sitting around one night when the guy drew that up in the Phoenix VA hospital way back when, so It's kind of like our family motto :-)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
A few years before my husband and I were married he went through the voc rehab ILP program for the first time, not really knowing what it was, and he got given a computer which was great for him to keep up with the kids. However, as he is gettin golder his mobility is getting a little harder to handle so not knowing much about the ILP we sent in another application to see if he could receive some help in the mobility department.

Well after a couple of very annoying VA staff and some cold hard facts, we have found a brilliant Voc Rehab staff member who has overturned his rehabilitated status which allows him back into the program!!!!! Still waiting on his disability claim that is turning into a nightmare, but I didn't want to forget to mention that even when things are turning to sh*t there is still good people in the VA and even small victories like ours today really do help in the long run.

I like that saying going around, "Never give up", anyone seen that pic of the frog going down the pelicans mouth????? My husband was sitting around one night when the guy drew that up in the Phoenix VA hospital way back when, so It's kind of like our family motto :-)

I had an ILS come to my house, I wasn't sure either. But once the counselor seen that I was unemployable, he gladly wrote that in a memorandum with was place in my claim for TDIU!

The VRE Counselor letter is Very important in order to get back in to the program plus it will help in the future for a TDIU claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

More Vets should use Voc Rehab they can do some amazing things if they want to. There are a lot of hoops but if you get through it some nice awards.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use