Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Introduction

Rate this question

chr49

Question

I spent 36 years trying hard to deny any connection to the VA. In 2007, a kind man convinced me that I was dealing with PTSD and needed to be seen by a professional. I entered a VAMC in August 2007, while hitting my bottom, and have been under their care since then. I filed claim for PTSD in February 2008 and am currently SC'ed for PTSD at 50%. Along with my PTSD, I deal with hypertension, bilateral peripheral vascular disease with occlusion of my right femoral artery and carotid stenosis with occlusion of my right carotid artery. I am not SC'ed for these problems at this time.

I've been searching thru Hadit for information and support. Since I've spent so many years denying everything it's been very hard to go back to thinking about it nearly every day. Thank you so much for providing this wonderful site for vets to research and learn about our options.

CHR49

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

chr49

Thank you for your service.

rlarc

Thank you for your service and you did your best and who has the right to ask for more.

I appreciate both of you guys and hopefully being able to face and talk about these feelings are a help. A lot of people have no understanding of the price Veterans have paid to protect them and their freedoms.

My heart breaks for the military with the constant deployments

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

My heart breaks for the military with the constant deployments

Hey Pete53

Many thanks to you for your service, and thanks for bearing with that outburst from my past.

I feel the same way you do about the constant deployments our military is currently going thru. I can't begin to imagine how difficult it must be for the military and their families. They have so much to be proud of!

CHR49