VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Post An Image

SLEDGE

Sometimes the picture title can make the difference. The name of this picture was Snakes_2.jpg, and the picture would not load. I renamed the picture Snakes2.jpg, taking the under score out, and then uploading it.

post-167-1272045977_thumb.jpg

BTW, anybody know what kind of snakes these are? They are hanging around my back porch all the time.

Sledge, I am only taking the meds my VA psych and PCP has put me on. I did have a blow-out over the week-end. My excuse me comment was avoidance.

Stretch:

This one looks the closet to what you've got to me:

The plain-bellied Watersnake

http://www.herpsofarkansas.com/Snake/Nerod...me=2C3V6907.jpg

Description:

"The general coloration of the Plain-bellied Watersnake can be brown, green, or gray. In Arkansas, the belly color is a plain yellow or cream. Like other nonvenomous watersnakes, it has several dark, vertical lines that outline the upper lip scales. The scales are strongly keeled and the anal plate is divided.

Two subspecies, the Yellow-bellied Watersnake (N. e. flavigaster) and Blotched Watersnake (N. e. transversa), occur in the state. Adults of the Yellow-bellied subspecies usually have a plain-colored back, whereas adults of the Blotched subspecies usually retain more of a juvenile patterning into adulthood. Patterned adults have a series of faint, light colored crossbars bordered in black that run along the backbone. The intergrade zone between these two subspecies in Arkansas is not clearly established.

This species can be found living concurrently with other species of watersnakes in and around lakes, ponds, streams, rivers, and drainage ditches. It seems to be more at home in still waters. Due to its behavior, it prefers trees along the edges of waters."

I also checked out the Graham's Crayfish snake but it doesn't have the dark lines radiating down from the eye.

CHR49

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• In Memoriam

Thats him alright. Thanks

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity