VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

21-526

Rate this question

81150 CAFB

Question

Hope all is well with everyone. I have recently recieved all of my medical (service and private) records and 4 doctor letters regarding my claim. I filed informally in Sept 2009. I am now in the process of filling out my 526 on my computer and have a few questions.

In the disabilty section where you list what your disabilties are I put in the code and name of the issue (4.17...) and completed the dates and facility locations etc... Is it a good thing to put in the code and term that they use or should I just put in sciatic pain bilateral etc...for each issue? I am trying to do this my self and want to make it easy on whoever looks at it. Also, some of the issues are still ongoing and the PDF 526 want to put an end date for treatment..I just left it blank-ok? In the supplemental section can I add to my answer with what the expected rating should be... for example my pt Flex was less then 30 degrees (l4-l5 fusion) and should be rated at 40% or is this pushing to much or does it let them know that I know what the regs are. I thought I read on here awhile ago that you should do this, on some I would put a range (depression estimte 10-30% based on ...). I hope this makes sense...I am still in a lot of pain feel like I am getting worse. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Hope all is well with everyone. I have recently recieved all of my medical (service and private) records and 4 doctor letters regarding my claim. I filed informally in Sept 2009. I am now in the process of filling out my 526 on my computer and have a few questions.

In the disabilty section where you list what your disabilties are I put in the code and name of the issue (4.17...) and completed the dates and facility locations etc... Is it a good thing to put in the code and term that they use or should I just put in sciatic pain bilateral etc...for each issue? I am trying to do this my self and want to make it easy on whoever looks at it. Also, some of the issues are still ongoing and the PDF 526 want to put an end date for treatment..I just left it blank-ok? In the supplemental section can I add to my answer with what the expected rating should be... for example my pt Flex was less then 30 degrees (l4-l5 fusion) and should be rated at 40% or is this pushing to much or does it let them know that I know what the regs are. I thought I read on here awhile ago that you should do this, on some I would put a range (depression estimte 10-30% based on ...). I hope this makes sense...I am still in a lot of pain feel like I am getting worse. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info...got your site bookmarked. What do you think about assigning % to a disability? I know for a fact that my ROM is less then 30 degress (pain limited).

Thanks for you help.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there and good luck with your claim. The VA usually does a fair job on claims like yours.

What do you mean a claim like mine. I am currently claiming spinal fusion, IVDS (post-op), sciatic-bilateral, painful scar(s), hemorroids (have had since service w/ bleeding/fissure) and major depressive disorder.

I just want what everyone wants...fair/proper rating. I get bummed out about all of the injustice that happens to the veterans, like me, who served there country and get lowballed/denied. What's the point of trying? I know I have to but I am already tired and I haven't even sent in my 21-526.