Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

lets say I am 50 percent for ptsd by doing voc rehab what evr then get a job and the carreer gets wonderful .. do I lose all i have fought for with VA by they saying your "rehabilitated you no longer have PTSD, or CHRONIC anal fissure< or marital spouse issues< or detacheched retina ... scaring on my retina from staring down rifle scopes.. or tinitus, or ,,,,, you get the picture.

• HadIt.com Elder

there are many things that can happen you can go thru voc rehab get retrained and find a decent job which a lot of people would be happy to have right now, you might not find a job at all even after training but the training can't hurt you can it? You might get started in your new life yet the PTSD never seems to leave you alone and your symptoms might get worse or they may lessen all of us are different but if you don;t try and make life better and just say I can't because I am disabled by my PTSD then your life picture is not going to get a whole lot better either I have never seen anyone reduced most PTSD veterans seem to go up from 50% to 70% and maybe even if it gets worse to 70% TDIU or even 100% schedular I don't know your age but if you are under 30 I say go to school and see if you can make a place in life for you "being disabled by PTSD" because you are afraid to take any steps to make life better is a sure way to make life worse sometimes seeking help earlier in life is better many if us denied we even had PTSD for decades and waited until we had screwed our lives up so bad that they could use us to write the guide to PTSD hell from I would not let PTSD define who you are you are a veteran who happens to have PTSD but life still goes on and hopefully you can find a way to open your life to your abilities rather than your disabilities instead of saying I can't try saying I can

• HadIt.com Elder

There's no doubt, that if you improve, the VA will try to reduce your compensation. You need to fight all attempts by the VA to do that but don't give up, just on what "might" happen. I recommend you continue to try to improve your quality of life, as well as your ability to be successful in the working world. I think most of us here would prefer to work but when you get old it does make a "nice retirement pkg." If I had to just rely on my SSDI I'd probably be homeless or at least living in a dumpy little apartment. jmo

pr