Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim To Be Reviewed

Rate this question

Josh

Question

And it is a big but,

Here I am in a foreign country where I had to run to get medical help because the Docs involved in Colorado got caught in a serious diagnostic error.

Carlie and Berta I think you know some of the basic history and are aware they LOST (shredded more likely) the original VA MRI’s. Those MRI’s went undocumented in the Denver VA system as the Docs knew their good friends at the HMO Kaiser-Permanente and Boulder Medical Center of Colorado goofed BIG TIME.

The actual diagnosis should have been bacterial Encephalomyelitis which is the LABORARY RAT EQUIVALENT in the original erroneous diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. This could have been treated with antibiotics but rather was treated with immuno-suppressants. Those “killer drugs” altered the results tests which would have confirmed the error but they KNEW EXACTLY what they were doing. What a use of science…. They were hiding the truth to prevent a huge liability suit I wanted to file. They tried to KILL me and have copies of records the HMO changed to prove it. I ran to the VA ER to try get help and found myself surrounded by a group of their professional buddies ready to say and do nothing.

However, at this point I was requested to attend a hearing in Houston TEXAS in three weeks and they will not do a teleconference. I need to confirm this with IRIS but there is no such thing as an International Teleconference to deal with VA hearing. What is more is that because I cannot work and live simple on a pension income, simply purchasing a plane ticket in not so simple.

There is more much more but wanted to keep the board up to date on the latest is this snail paced claim that crosses international borders that is soon coming to a head.

I have the credit card and know this claim will be approved but need to ask….

When a claim is approved, how long is it before the remaining paperwork is complete before a person receives compensation?

Any and all thoughts are appreciated...

The PVA is now my service organization ... The VFW was and they did nothing to help or even try to stay in contact,

Thanks Josh

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I really hope this works out for you in the end.

My VAMC's Release of Information office swore up and down that I had no imaging (CT/MRI) results, even though I could tell them the exact date when they occurred. After fighting for two months, I discovered that the radiology department has their own library and that's when I got them.

Regarding the teleconference, I wonder what the Vets who chose to remain in Europe do in similar situations?

For something this serious, have you considered contacting your state Congressman or Senator?

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Josh,

Good, you'r finally at least getting some action in this.

Even after it's approved it would still be some months before you get the cash.

Hope you and Gio are doing well.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Carlie So good that you had a moment to write

Thank you for your support on this and all the good work you and others have added have done with Hadit.

So much has changed over time including Hadit and its member pool.

has the hadit "crew" ever gotten together at this point?

Take care Carlie, Berta, and others

Josh,

Good, you'r finally at least getting some action in this.

Even after it's approved it would still be some months before you get the cash.

Hope you and Gio are doing well.

carlie

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

Josh,

Most of the "crew" continues to be here.

I'm still waiting on the invite for a big bar-b-que

hoe-down on Berta's deck, on a fine spring day ~ lol.

I sure hope you get resolve on your issues before

a new decade starts !

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Could the PVA take your place at the hearing Josh?

Did you ever obtain an independent medical opinion?

My 1151 and FTCA took over 3 years to succeed but I didn't have an IMO.I didnt even think to try to get one in those days as most claims didn't seem to need them.

When I re opened in Feb 2003- it was due to additional misdiagnosis of an AO disability causing death.It was claim for direct SC not 1151.Bt I had to word and develop it to cover the fact that this was additional misdiagnosis and involved an AO condition that caused Rod's death.

Although my evidence was as solid as in the past 1151 and FTCA case-I obtained 3 IMOs this time and had paid for a fourth and the award came before the cardio doc had chance to prepare the fourth IMO.The VA in all these years since my FTCA and 1151 has changed significantly when it comes to medical evidence.They very seldom award 1151 without IMOs that support the claim.Possible- as I experienced in my past claims but VERY difficult these days if they skim over the evidence or ignore it.

"When a claim is approved, how long is it before the remaining paperwork is complete before a person receives compensation?"

I succeeded last April 2009 but it took them until 2 months ago to pay me the retro DIC.Long story there-

but I also won other benefits, retro Chap 35, burial money, REPS,etc and the cash came right away days after (or before) the award letter came.

With REPS-I applied in Sept 2009 and REPS VA people messed up-

I was approved in January by VA and after getting a supervisor involved-they said the check is in the mail either today or Monday. This was due to incompetence of one VA employee that this check was held up so long.

I don't foresee them holding up any 1151 $$$ due to you if you succeed.Unless it is a bank transfer and even that doesn't take long.The paperwork has to go to the VARO of origin first and then in abput 2 weeks you might receive the cash. It is hard to say but once the VA makes an award (my long wait for retro was due to FTCA matter and not applicable to 99% of claims)then they try to cut the check fairly fast.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Hi and Good Suhday morning to you Berta,

To answer your questions quickly,

Yes : learned the PVA will represent me at the hearing... Thank goodness for the Paralyzed Veterans Of America (PVA)

IMO's I have two and the second has a physical...

They could stil request that I get a physical but have learned if an update is required, it might be able to be done at the Embassy.

I am hoping that with the sencond IMO that contains the physical, that is used... No particular reason other that the travel to Bogota from Cartagena would be a challenge.

Thanks for your questions Berta.... Huggs to you Berta

Could the PVA take your place at the hearing Josh?

Did you ever obtain an independent medical opinion?

My 1151 and FTCA took over 3 years to succeed but I didn't have an IMO.I didnt even think to try to get one in those days as most claims didn't seem to need them.

When I re opened in Feb 2003- it was due to additional misdiagnosis of an AO disability causing death.It was claim for direct SC not 1151.Bt I had to word and develop it to cover the fact that this was additional misdiagnosis and involved an AO condition that caused Rod's death.

Although my evidence was as solid as in the past 1151 and FTCA case-I obtained 3 IMOs this time and had paid for a fourth and the award came before the cardio doc had chance to prepare the fourth IMO.The VA in all these years since my FTCA and 1151 has changed significantly when it comes to medical evidence.They very seldom award 1151 without IMOs that support the claim.Possible- as I experienced in my past claims but VERY difficult these days if they skim over the evidence or ignore it.

"When a claim is approved, how long is it before the remaining paperwork is complete before a person receives compensation?"

I succeeded last April 2009 but it took them until 2 months ago to pay me the retro DIC.Long story there-

but I also won other benefits, retro Chap 35, burial money, REPS,etc and the cash came right away days after (or before) the award letter came.

With REPS-I applied in Sept 2009 and REPS VA people messed up-

I was approved in January by VA and after getting a supervisor involved-they said the check is in the mail either today or Monday. This was due to incompetence of one VA employee that this check was held up so long.

I don't foresee them holding up any 1151 $$$ due to you if you succeed.Unless it is a bank transfer and even that doesn't take long.The paperwork has to go to the VARO of origin first and then in abput 2 weeks you might receive the cash. It is hard to say but once the VA makes an award (my long wait for retro was due to FTCA matter and not applicable to 99% of claims)then they try to cut the check fairly fast.

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado