Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Here

Rate this question

Titan

Question

Just wanted to say hi. I just submitted a claim in March for asthma, and OSA. We are thinking it came from exposure to burn pits. Luckily my fiance is an attorney and helped me get the application together. I am still doubtful that it will be approved. I have never been sick in my life and now I am taking 10 medicines a day for different problems. Anyone else submit a claim about burn pits???

Thanks

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.html

Suggest to your wife that somebody at hadit.com thought it would be a good idea to go to the above link and research BVA decisions. A good search parameter would be to type in the phrase “service connection for asthma is granted”. Include the quotations. If you do not include the quotations the search result will not be specific. Choose the selection “all years” and hit enter. This should produce many cases of service connection for asthma that were awarded. The cases include the logic behind the award based on medical opinions. They also include applicable laws. Even though your wife is an attorney I would recommend that you get a service officer if she is not familiar with the everyday workings of the Veterans Administration. I have discussed administrative law as practiced by the Veterans Administration with several attorneys. Attorneys who are not experienced with the VA experience a type of culture shock.

Keep an eye open for cases identifying asthma as a presumptive disease for your duty area and time period of service. If asthma is not a presumptive disease it will be important to show that you had symptoms of asthma while on active duty or that your symptoms of asthma are being caused by another service connected condition.

• HadIt.com Elder
Just wanted to say hi. I just submitted a claim in March for asthma, and OSA. We are thinking it came from exposure to burn pits. Luckily my fiance is an attorney and helped me get the application together. I am still doubtful that it will be approved. I have never been sick in my life and now I am taking 10 medicines a day for different problems. Anyone else submit a claim about burn pits???

Thanks

Welcome aboard, 'Titan'...

"It's always good to have an attorney in the family".

Best wishes for a successful and speedy outcome...