Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Ao Presumptive For Parkinson"s Disease

Rate this question

25thinfdivpio

Question

Claim for PTSD filed in September of last year. Parkinson's added in March of this year.

C&P exam for both, on Thursday, the 6th, (May).

Questions...Does anyone know if the new AO presumptive rulings have taken effect?

If not, when and why C&P?

I really appreciate any help here.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Casualties of War...Michael J. Fox & Sean Penn

The bridge location was filmed in Kanchanaburi, Thailand. The other scenes in the US...

Penn has been pretty nasty to America and the US Military.......

some would see Penn getting a AO disease as consequesces for his mouth

"I thought anyone who was previously denied regarding one of the new (3) presumptive conditions, would automatically have their denied claimed reconsidered by the VA, when the new regulation took effect. BUT I have been told different..."

"The word on the street is, any Veteran who meets the qualifications for any one or more of the newly added (3) AO presumptive conditions, and who has previously been denied, needs to re-open their claim for re-consideration. I have been told the VA will not be looking at previously denied claims and will not be sending out notices to Veterans telling them about the new (3) presumptive conditions, even to those who have previously been denied."

Dont know where that street is but scuttlebutt I heard was also that VA would look at all denied claims that involve the new presumptives.

But I dont know how the VA would ever find the time to do that.

"Unless you currently have an open claim or a claim on appeal, you need to contact VA. As soon as possible re-open your previusly deined claim for the specific condition, and state you want it considered secondary to Herbicide exposure.

Agreed, it's not right or fair, but that's the scuttlebutt."

"secondary to AO' ???? I would Caused by AO would be better.

And REMIND them that you were denied in the past for what is now AO presumptive (refer to and attach copy of the decision that denied you if possible) and REMIND them that you are now a Nehmer Class Action member due to the new AO regs and want Nehmer Court Order and Stipulation applied to your retroactive award.

This goes for widows of vets too- who died due to what is now the new AO presumptives.

If their DIC claim was denied in the past and the cause or contributring cause of death was a now AO presumptive condition- they too are Nehmer Class Action Widows like me-and it only took VA 16 years to recognize that fact in my case.

Honibe- I am glad you brought all this up because I fear the VA will NOT contact past claimants who were denied and have one of the new presumptives.As Secretary Shenseki said-he knew these new AOs would add to the backlog which grows by the minute-so I would not depend on VA to contact any one.

Check our our SVR radio archive for last weeks show here as Carlie here made some excellent points on this subject.

Also I made point on the SVR show this Wednesday that the new AO presumptives will not be in the Washington Post or the New York Times-(maybe) but probably not-

my point was this should be national news but these new regs are only reaching vets with internet access or who get DAV or VFW magazines etc.or belong to vet groups.

I think our Vet reps and NSOs should be looking through their records for vets and widows denied in the past.

+

Edited by Berta