Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Department Of Veterans Affairs Id Card

Rate this topic

blackbird

Hello Vets,

I recently had my initial visit with the VA medical center to enroll in the healthcare system. I met the doctor that was assigned to me and everything went smooth with one exception. His records show that I was SC @ 60%. I was granted TDIU in March retro to Aug 09 so shouldn't his records show me at 100%??? That's how I'm paid, or does it just show what you were rated at before the TDIU award?

I also got my Veterans Affairs ID card. It just shows "Service Connected". Should it show percentages of disability on it?

Thanks for you thoughts,

Blackbird

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
Hello Vets,

I recently had my initial visit with the VA medical center to enroll in the healthcare system. I met the doctor that was assigned to me and everything went smooth with one exception. His records show that I was SC @ 60%. I was granted TDIU in March retro to Aug 09 so shouldn't his records show me at 100%??? That's how I'm paid, or does it just show what you were rated at before the TDIU award?

I also got my Veterans Affairs ID card. It just shows "Service Connected". Should it show percentages of disability on it?

Thanks for you thoughts,

Blackbird

His records should show you as 100%, sometimes it takes awhile for the latest % to be posted.

No, your VA i.d. card will not indicate your % of disability.

Our VA does the same thing= They list me at 80 % at VA hospital .

They DONT list the TDIU there just go by the disabiltys on your medical , Its been this way for 39 years

STEVE & PAT

• 2 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Hello Vets,

Thanks for you thoughts,

Blackbird

Sometimes, it takes time for all your info to be updated.

The fact that you receive 100% pay for TDIU, does not change your SC percentage in your VAMC records. You are not 100% SC disabled. You are receiving 100% compensation because of your IU rating.

I'm not sure about the Veterans Affairs ID card. It has changed many times over the years. Mine has a purple triangle on the center of it. Old school.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use