Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope

Rate this topic

Recieved brown envelope today. My original rating was 60% (30% anxiety, 20% dmII, 20% periphial neuropathy). The good news is I got an increase from NOD from 60% to 80% (20% DmII, 70% anxiety). However as expected the VA made some errors. I have been receiving 20% for periphial neuropathy for my legs but the VA failed to include this rating percentage on the award. There was no mention of it. Do you think this was a mistake and if so how do I correct it without another NOD?

Also, they said they never receive the additional information I sent them which was express mail that they signed receipt. Maybe this part of it is NOD.

Thanks to all for your support. Let me know what is best.

p.s. waiting for the money.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Brother gate!

Glad to hear about your increase. As for whether the rating is correct, according to the Hadit disability calculator 80% is correct....Your rating comes out at about 80.8% with one 70% and two 20% ratings. You can check it out yourself at this link.

http://www.hadit.com/service_connected_dis...calculator.php/

Congrats again! :D

Edited by hawkfire27

We are a Vietnam vet and vet's wife, we are not lawyers or VSO's we're just learning as we go.

"There was no mention of it. Do you think this was a mistake and if so how do I correct it without another NOD?"

I would send them an IRIS on this-

Are you still employed? If not what did they say about TDIU?

"Also, they said they never receive the additional information I sent them which was express mail that they signed receipt. Maybe this part of it is NOD."

Do you have a vet rep?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

"There was no mention of it. Do you think this was a mistake and if so how do I correct it without another NOD?"

I would send them an IRIS on this-

Are you still employed? If not what did they say about TDIU?

"Also, they said they never receive the additional information I sent them which was express mail that they signed receipt. Maybe this part of it is NOD."

Do you have a vet rep?

I have not been employed for 2.5 yrs. The award did not say anything concerning TDIU.

I have been represented by the DAV and I have nothing positive to say concerning them. There has not been any communication or no phone response. I will definitely change my POA.

First of all Congrats on the increase, 2nd, it was no mistake, I have noticed that is their new MO. I have also noticed that they are now doing a lot of 20% increases and making Vets appeal for the correct again. And they wonder why there is a backlog. Guess it's called Job Security. I would immediately NOD them. I'm doing the same thing as I saw where they picked through parts of the Regs to make the Denials fit or read only parts of the C&P reports when in your favor.

Keep fighting!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Send in your request for TDIU via the official form. You have 80% so there should be no big fight.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use