Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

It is possible they would need to talk to you about the reconsideration.

Josephine asked the most important question- is this a reconsideration of a denial or reconsideration of an award as to the effective date and the disability itself?

My husband had SSA award for 1151, and AO CVA and we filed reconsideration as to why they failed to consider his PTSD.

SSA tried to talk him out of filing.I prepared the stuff myself and mailed it the same day they tried to talk him out of it.

Then we got appt with a SSA lawyer.

Without even looking at the evidence I had with me, he said he would not take the case as it had no merit to succeed.

4 months later I called him up to tell him he had just lost over 4 thousand bucks- what his % would have been of the retro.

My husband won the reconsideration case - SSA award solely for PTSD with a very favorable EED.

If you are filing reconsideration of this type- or any type at all- and believe your evidence is probative- dont let the SSA try to talk you out of filing.

They even suggested to my husband (Brain Trauma from CVA and PTSD) that he could lose the SSA award he already had if they re=opened his case.

We then used the SSA PTSD award to prove his PTSD claim- he was granted a posthumous 100% P & T SC award for PTSD effective back to the SSA date ( 6 years prior to the VA award).

I dont think the VA really used the SSA award at all but there was considerable predonerance of other evidence anyhow.

If you believe your evidence is strong- don't let the SSA talk you out of filing for Reconsideration.

If a SSA lawyer turns you down, submit the evidence to SSA yourself.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

May I ask if you are drawing or have you ever drawn SSDI?

Do you have a lawyer representing you?

I have binder and binder representing me and this is a reconsideration for a denial, currently I am not drawing ssdi

It is possible they would need to talk to you about the reconsideration.

Josephine asked the most important question- is this a reconsideration of a denial or reconsideration of an award as to the effective date and the disability itself?

My husband had SSA award for 1151, and AO CVA and we filed reconsideration as to why they failed to consider his PTSD.

SSA tried to talk him out of filing.I prepared the stuff myself and mailed it the same day they tried to talk him out of it.

Then we got appt with a SSA lawyer.

Without even looking at the evidence I had with me, he said he would not take the case as it had no merit to succeed.

4 months later I called him up to tell him he had just lost over 4 thousand bucks- what his % would have been of the retro.

My husband won the reconsideration case - SSA award solely for PTSD with a very favorable EED.

If you are filing reconsideration of this type- or any type at all- and believe your evidence is probative- dont let the SSA try to talk you out of filing.

They even suggested to my husband (Brain Trauma from CVA and PTSD) that he could lose the SSA award he already had if they re=opened his case.

We then used the SSA PTSD award to prove his PTSD claim- he was granted a posthumous 100% P & T SC award for PTSD effective back to the SSA date ( 6 years prior to the VA award).

I dont think the VA really used the SSA award at all but there was considerable predonerance of other evidence anyhow.

If you believe your evidence is strong- don't let the SSA talk you out of filing for Reconsideration.

If a SSA lawyer turns you down, submit the evidence to SSA yourself.

this is a reconsideration for a denial, I have binder and binder representing me , Im curious as to why ssa would call me in for a interview for a reconsideration, confused, I thought it would automatically go straight to the alj, because reconsiderations are usually flat out denied

this is a reconsideration for a denial, I have binder and binder representing me , Im curious as to why ssa would call me in for a interview for a reconsideration, confused, I thought it would automatically go straight to the alj, because reconsiderations are usually flat out denied

I would be confused on this too, since you have representation.

What do your lawyers have to say about this interview?

Edited by chr49

CHR49