Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Requesting Another C&p Exam

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

A request for another C&P examination is being scheduled. How do I find out exactly what the exam is for and since it is part of a DRO review, I would like to be more prepaired this time and have additional evidence and supporting documentation with me to give to the C&P examiner, so they are clear this time on what my claim is for and the evidence that supports it.

Rockhound Rider :D

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Rockhound

If you are working with a VSO, give him/her a call, our guy always seems to be able to tap into the "system" and get info for us. Also, since my husband's C & P's were done by QTC Med Systems, he called them direct to ask what the exam was specifically for, what kind of tests would he be given, etc. They answered specific questions, but were very tight-lipped.

Lorraine

• HadIt.com Elder

Call the C&P scheduling office and ask what it's for. Then look at the exams posted here and you'll know what to expect.

pr

A request for another C&P examination is being scheduled. How do I find out exactly what the exam is for and since it is part of a DRO review, I would like to be more prepaired this time and have additional evidence and supporting documentation with me to give to the C&P examiner, so they are clear this time on what my claim is for and the evidence that supports it.

Rockhound Rider :D

Call the C&P scheduling office and ask what it's for. Then look at the exams posted here and you'll know what to expect.

pr

Rockhound Rider B)

See if you can build up some sort of rapport with the C&P department area. If a C&P is ordered you will be notified via mail(or check the VAMC 800#), After being screwed by the NP almost 7 years ago the VAMC revamped the dept here and got proficient fairly honest caring staff. The director works diligently to treat vets fairly. She knows me by name and face contact.

The exam will read something like this...C&P exam Lane-Clinic; so therefore call them and ask what the exam is for and also if Lane is a physician, or Nurse practioner, or if a mental exam are they psychiatrist or psychologist...

You will know if it is for BH, behavioral health as it is written, then the persons last name and -clinic.;)

Is this C&P related to the last exam you had? ie they couldn't make a determination as the examiner was not clear on their "related to and terminology"...Or another reason for the exam...a diagnosis or condition they previously missed. What did your recent C&P read like? Make sure you get copies asap.

My last 2 C&P's went down like this; C&P ordered, I went and NP completed exam/then VARO told her not to opinion on exam/claim,,,around 6-7 weeks later the VARO reordered the same exam and the same examiner and told her this time TO OPINION on it.

Check and see if this might be the case too!

Good luck rock, I know you have been working on your claims a long time. Stay 1 step ahead, ;)

Edited by halos2

Just went through the same thing. The C & P department can tell you why the exam was ordered (mine was for appeal for an increase in rating). This particular one was for BH (Behavioral Health) and was a review exam (I had the first exam a little over a year ago). The instructions to the examiner are different for a review exam than for an initial exam. You will have to decide if you have had a initial exam to assess what has been ordered this time (i.e. did you have one of these before?). The instructions can be found at: http://www.vba.va.go...exams/index.htm

Good luck.

See if you can build up some sort of rapport with the C&P department area. If a C&P is ordered you will be notified via mail(or check the VAMC 800#), After being screwed by the NP almost 7 years ago the VAMC revamped the dept here and got proficient fairly honest caring staff. The director works diligently to treat vets fairly. She knows me by name and face contact.

The exam will read something like this...C&P exam Lane-Clinic; so therefore call them and ask what the exam is for and also if Lane is a physician, or Nurse practioner, or if a mental exam are they psychiatrist or psychologist...

You will know if it is for BH, behavioral health as it is written, then the persons last name and -clinic.;)

Is this C&P related to the last exam you had? ie they couldn't make a determination as the examiner was not clear on their "related to and terminology"...Or another reason for the exam...a diagnosis or condition they previously missed. What did your recent C&P read like? Make sure you get copies asap.

My last 2 C&P's went down like this; C&P ordered, I went and NP completed exam/then VARO told her not to opinion on exam/claim,,,around 6-7 weeks later the VARO reordered the same exam and the same examiner and told her this time TO OPINION on it.

Check and see if this might be the case too!

Good luck rock, I know you have been working on your claims a long time. Stay 1 step ahead, ;)

I did call the C&P scheduling clerk, but not for the reasons you said I should call for. When I called and told them I had received a letter saying I was being scheduled for another exam. When she checked for my name for up coming exams, it was no where to be found, so now she has to get ahold of the regional office and get a new copy of the request and then they will have to check with the C&P examiner to find out what date they have open. In talking with the clerk, it sounded like I may have this exam scheduled sometime before the end of the month. Also in talking with them, they let it slip that they were having a problem with the number of Veterans needing exams and getting every one scheduled hadn't gone very smoothly, I"m begining to think that they are a bit short on examiners and not everyone can be available on the dates they were originally given, since quite a number of Vets here quite a distance from the Hospital. This is NV and we gets Vets from the towns and cities in Northwestern NV and quite a number from CA as well in the Northeastern part of that state.

I'm pretty sure the reason for the exam is because the previous examiner based their opion of either a disease process or a virus and/or bacteria. Where as it should have been based on a more physical and/or anatomical problem causing similiar symptoms. The mear fact that I had a fractured nasal bone and developt a deviated septum and the symtoms I am having are causing at times, symptoms that make it difficult or impossible for me to breath through my nasal passages.

Rockhound Rider B)

I did call the C&P scheduling clerk, but not for the reasons you said I should call for. When I called and told them I had received a letter saying I was being scheduled for another exam. When she checked for my name for up coming exams, it was no where to be found, so now she has to get ahold of the regional office and get a new copy of the request and then they will have to check with the C&P examiner to find out what date they have open. In talking with the clerk, it sounded like I may have this exam scheduled sometime before the end of the month. Also in talking with them, they let it slip that they were having a problem with the number of Veterans needing exams and getting every one scheduled hadn't gone very smoothly, I"m begining to think that they are a bit short on examiners and not everyone can be available on the dates they were originally given, since quite a number of Vets here quite a distance from the Hospital. This is NV and we gets Vets from the towns and cities in Northwestern NV and quite a number from CA as well in the Northeastern part of that state.

I'm pretty sure the reason for the exam is because the previous examiner based their opion of either a disease process or a virus and/or bacteria. Where as it should have been based on a more physical and/or anatomical problem causing similiar symptoms. The mear fact that I had a fractured nasal bone and developt a deviated septum and the symtoms I am having are causing at times, symptoms that make it difficult or impossible for me to breath through my nasal passages.

Rockhound Rider cool.gif