Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bilateral

Rate this topic

John46

I am confused! As per the previous posts I applied for an increase on 30% right knee and secondary right knee. Still no letter but I went and saw my VSO today and she found out that I had gotten the right knee bumped up to 60% and 10% for the right knee. Total is 70%. The reason I am confused the bilateral factor. I read what it said, but I'm still confused. When the 60% for IHD comes in what will the final be for it all?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

it should be at least 60%, but as you have not got the papers yet, dont trust it till you have the money in the bank. you should also be aware of filing for secondary service connection for your feet, back exetera.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The ratings of 60% + 10% for your knees combine to 64%. Add the +10% bilateral factor to those and that puts you at 70.4%, which rounds down to 70% even. Add in 60% for IHD and your combined rating becomes 88%, which rounds up to 90%.

Hope this helps

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

dwragon is correct. Your VSO usually gets notified before you do, but the real result will be in the letter they mail to you. However, they can change the result between the time the VSO received their info and the time you receive your letter. If you have direct deposit setup with the VA, check your bank account every few days. If you get an award, increase, or retro, you usually will see a deposit appear a day or two before you get your letter in the mail.

dwragon is correct. Your VSO usually gets notified before you do, but the real result will be in the letter they mail to you. However, they can change the result between the time the VSO received their info and the time you receive your letter. If you have direct deposit setup with the VA, check your bank account every few days. If you get an award, increase, or retro, you usually will see a deposit appear a day or two before you get your letter in the mail.

Thanks ya'll. By the way the money came to the bank. I called the Regional Office and the lady stated the computer had no record of the award letter being sent but would see to it that one was sent.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use