• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you mean how long you have to wait to get the exam or how long the exam wil be time wise? My exams usually lasted about 10 minutes. As to how long you will have to wait, God knows, but I would think probably a year.

• HadIt.com Elder

sbrewer

Mental C&P exams can really go fast as the doctor just asked me a few questions and took a look at me and that was it. Unless the vet is really out of it I don't know how a C&P doctor can really do an assessment of a person's mental status in 10 minutes but that is exactly what they do. If you have a recent IMO that is a good time to give it to the doctor doing the exam.

Thanks John,

My husband just had an appt. friday with mental health through the VA and the person he sees told him about the scheduled C&P before he was notified in the mail. She also told him that she knew the dr. doing the exam and had known her for 20 yrs. and she told him to take some printed matierial (that he had given her) and give it to the dr. at the C&P. Have you ever heard of this procedure?

Thanks for your help

sbrewer

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that your husbands Mental Health Person is trying to help him. That is a good sign.

Thanks John,

My husband just had an appt. friday with mental health through the VA and the person he sees told him about the scheduled C&P before he was notified in the mail. She also told him that she knew the dr. doing the exam and had known her for 20 yrs. and she told him to take some printed matierial (that he had given her) and give it to the dr. at the C&P. Have you ever heard of this procedure?

Thanks for your help

sbrewer

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.