Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Service Officer

Rate this question

Guest terrysturgis

Question

Guest terrysturgis

Ive been helping my daughter with her TDIU claim. She now lives in up state New York. I have called the local DAV Transition Service Officer for two weeks. I can not leave a voicemail as his voice mailbox if full and can not accept any new messages. Sooo, I searched the internet for outher DAV SO's, no luck. Then I searched for a local County VSO. I called the Jefferson County Veterans Office in Watertown NY. Lady answered right away and gave us an appointment for the next day at 10:30 am.

The office was very professional and was a great resource for helping us. Yes, we could have done it by ourselves, but it is nice to have some help as I had no idea that the RO was in Buffalo.

The County VSO's may be an alternative to Vet Org VSO's.

Terry

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ive been helping my daughter with her TDIU claim. She now lives in up state New York. I have called the local DAV Transition Service Officer for two weeks. I can not leave a voicemail as his voice mailbox if full and can not accept any new messages. Sooo, I searched the internet for outher DAV SO's, no luck. Then I searched for a local County VSO. I called the Jefferson County Veterans Office in Watertown NY. Lady answered right away and gave us an appointment for the next day at 10:30 am.

The office was very professional and was a great resource for helping us. Yes, we could have done it by ourselves, but it is nice to have some help as I had no idea that the RO was in Buffalo.

The County VSO's may be an alternative to Vet Org VSO's.

Terry

i have hah trouble w/ my DAV since i join in 1978. in about 2008 we got a very good DAV officer who has help me a lot. i am 160% SC now. some time u get good ones. dont give up.

I bounced from Vso to Vso, American Legion = Loser! VFW = loser! AMVETS = biggest loser! That is until I happened upon Hadit. The angels here told me exactly what I needed to do and when to do it. I would still be going round and round on the VA hamster wheel were it not for the incredible folks here. Instead, I just passed 10 years at 100%!!! Thank you all so much!

jaz

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a good VSO now. I have had good VSO before but they are a rare breed. Most are burnt out watching the VA screw Veterans. After awhile some of them think they work for the VA and not the Veterans.

Its really not a pretty picture when you dig into it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I hate to beat a dead horse but it just ocurred to me that the receptionist at the W-S DAV Regional Office that, having refused to pass on a msg, that he already had a request for a call back, bearing in mind he initiatted the call and left a msg fro me to return his call. Well but of course I am still waiting on that call!.

Hoppy: you is my idol/hero. " I was thrown out of the offices of the DAV by the head of the office. He was screaming at me", given sufficient time and ample thought I would have to agree with that, beings as how I was flat out denied access to my rep, I have the full AT&T Pkg so I did not miss the call, they just figured, yesI am attributing motives and thoughts to my rep and or DAV staff, I had all the assistance I deserved. I readily accept I am short fused and a bit of a "Smart A....", but I do know when to reign it in!

halos2, you are an ispiration. You give me strength to persevere. Not just take it like a whipped pup.

Thank you. I try to pass along what I have learned, what has worked for me!

I do not know if you are the vet or the vet rep, either way you are excellent student of the science/art!

Yes I am the VET! Viet Nam Era one and proud of that too! I appreciate your kind words too.

Thank you: Hoppy, hedgey,halos2,vync,dav_marine72,81150, CAFB,SLEDGE, john999,clark l namias,Chu Lai69(other worked but along with the County VSU http://army.togetherweserved.com/ but 20 bucks on a shot in the dark is not my first choice was spam heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. (No 20 bucks)but the http://www.vva.org/a..._05/locator.htm is a good possibility but still waitimg. You are a good assest! Did not list all the members that helped. since it would take a full page, and the usuals that have all the knowledge which does not reduce their value at all, we just all know who they are. Hope that did not come out wrong.

May you learn the information andreceive all the help you desire to beat the beast at its own game and win with all you desire! Best of luck and keep asking questions and hopefully you will find the answers here.

In keeping with the VSO Topic: it appears to me that as often as not someone other than the VET has taken charge of the claim, which is most frequently a good thing, such as a good friend or a family member. God bless them for tking the time, the dauntung task of the requiaite learning curve, fighting the beauracracy, frustrating denials that make you look like you don't know what you are doing. Thank you if noboby else has.

dav_marine72 offered his help to me and I will take this opportunity to say his offer of assistance was correct. I thought it was incorrect, that I was 22 years old, knew it all, invisble and bulletproof. Please accpept my stupidity, hopefully i won't even register with you.

In summary, $#%^$^#^%^#%$, the VSO's and the whole lot of them. Shady car salemen. I hope only that all vets have mentors, an older vet, that has the requisite knowledge, which when I separayed i did not even know there was such rhing of a VA. Not rxactly yhr sort of thing they gave classes on when I was in and got out. More like, you done your time, rots of ruck gi! I nev er married so I didn't have that turn to person to help. They are too frequently over looked as a source of knowledge and research! I wisshed //i had had that. Those that do don't over look that. Better than any VSO I know of. At least they care.

Rambling done but look to your family and hadit.

one thing about people posting in forums, the people reading them have no idea wher you live, what region you are, where your experiences are/were until you put the info on where you are..

I think you can't use a wide brush for everyone, maybe wherever your experiences are , probably only means that area has those experiences....

I would ask you at least put a state as a location.. that would help the reader indentify an area of either good or bad..

IMHO

:ph34r:

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

one thing about people posting in forums, the people reading them have no idea wher you live, what region you are, where your experiences are/were until you put the info on where you are..

I think you can't use a wide brush for everyone, maybe wherever your experiences are , probably only means that area has those experiences....

I would ask you at least put a state as a location.. that would help the reader indentify an area of either good or bad..

IMHO

:ph34r:

The originator has NC in their avatar posting...to me that would be North Carolina...thats a good enough region to post for me. Am not familiar with most of the regions of others but I always look at their avatar to see if they listed one.

Does that help you??