Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraine Meds Making Me Dizzy And Passing Out

Rate this question

rgero311975

Question

I TAKE VIRApamil for my migriane and since i got a increase in my meds i had one trip to er already..I broke my nose from falling out of my wheel chair . I have bradycardia which is a low heart rate ..mine is around 44 beats per minute so since the increase in meds i been dizzy,nause and passing out! i stuck becsue i need this meds for my migrians ,but i cant take a high dose without feeling like that? my va rep told me to claim this secondary to my migrians>?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks pete i will do... I cant live like this with migrains and no meds? I think i might be stuck becasue i have a natural heart rate of 44 beats per minute so if i take migrians meds it will lower this even more ? right?

Its not the heart beats its the blood pressure. I know that there are other meds that you can use but they are probably expensive. I would try to find another Doc than the one who prescribed the verapamil.

Good luck and let us know how the VA handles this.

When I went in for a checup after a very long hospital stay (5 months in hospital bed.. I was out for 3 weeks and was extremely weak, and would fal over and pass out if I tried to walk.. I made it to my checkup at my VA Clinic... they took one look, checked my BP, and called 911..

needless to say, I was in the hospital bed again for another month..

I have thrombosis of the Portal vein and necratizing pancreatitus..

Its not the heart beats its the blood pressure. I know that there are other meds that you can use but they are probably expensive. I would try to find another Doc than the one who prescribed the verapamil.

Good luck and let us know how the VA handles this.

• HadIt.com Elder

retired:

I am glad that you got treatment and a proper diagnosis. I don't know much about what you have but you are in my prayers,

rgero said:

"my va rep told me to claim this secondary to my migrians>? " Yes-if they are SC- and also claim it under auspices of Sec 1151, 38 USC.

and make sure they start you on the right meds.

It definitely sounds like a serious medical error to me.

Retired- is the verapamil medicine something you also take too?

"necratizing pancreatitus." was this an in hospital diagnosis from the first hospital stay or did they diagnose this during the second hospitalization?

There should have been markers in your previous bloodwork for this condition.

<br />rgero said:<br /><br />&quot;my va rep told me to claim this secondary to my migrians&gt;? &quot;  Yes-if they are SC-  and also claim it  under auspices of Sec 1151, 38 USC.<br />and make sure they start you on the right meds.<br />It definitely sounds like a serious  medical error to me.<br /><br />Retired- is the verapamil medicine something you also take too?<br /><br />&quot;necratizing pancreatitus.&quot; was this an in hospital diagnosis from the first hospital stay or did they diagnose this during the second hospitalizationloblor /><br />There should have been markers in your previous bloodwork for this condition.<b />
<br /><br /><br />long story short my dr cut back my verapmil.

"my dr cut back my verapmil."

Good thing- that med almost killed you-in my opinion- and the doc didn't want you to sue VA (or your family in event of your death) The doc mitigated the damages but I wonder what documented damages they already caused to you by this medication error.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a684030.html

I hope your rep considers the 1151 potential here as well as the secondary SC claim.