VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vision Issues

chr49

I have days when I have a hard time seeing anything on a web page. This is a quick action for increasing/reducing font size to make reading much easier:

To increase font size - simply click both the CRTL key & the + key at the same time until desired size is obtained.

To decrease font size - simply click both the CRTL key & the - key at the same time until desired sized is obtained.

Check it out! I've found this really helpful on those bad days.

CHR49

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There should be a magnifying glass with a + sign in the center of it on the bottom right hand side of your computer screen, this should do the trick of increasing or decreasing your screen.

Hope This Helps

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

There should be a magnifying glass with a + sign in the center of it on the bottom right hand side of your computer screen, this should do the trick of increasing or decreasing your screen.

Hope This Helps

This would be so much easier if I could find it on my screen. Any ideas?

CHR49

This would be so much easier if I could find it on my screen. Any ideas?

Note sure how old your computer or your monitor is but it should have it somewhere on your screen the magnifying glass with the + sign in it and right beside it is a ?%, it could be 50%, 75%, 100% or something like that. I think my old computer had it in the center of the screen under the task bar.

Hope This Helps

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Note sure how old your computer or your monitor is but it should have it somewhere on your screen the magnifying glass with the + sign in it and right beside it is a ?%, it could be 50%, 75%, 100% or something like that. I think my old computer had it in the center of the screen under the task bar.

Hope This Helps

Thanks for your help Pete. No luck here. Computer wise, mine is a 1 yr. old generic model with a 5-6 yr. old Benq monitor..nothing fancy. It's loaded with XP Pro. My skills are basic. I'm learning as I go. Guess I'll have to stick with the CTRL +/- method but hopefully others will be able to use the method you describe.

Edited by chr49

CHR49

• HadIt.com Elder

Ctrl + + + + and Ctrl - - - - is for Firefox Web Browser it does not work on AOL. I don't know about Internet Explorer.

I use it all the time the other way is to lower your screen resolution to increase size and font or raise it to reduce it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.