VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Want To Take A Shot At This

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

In my copy of my c-file that I have had since oh almost my first claim back in 2003 for DM2, hypertension and chest pain.

There is a heart write up from a place that did an evaluation on me and it states:

Gated SPECT shows a calculated left ventricular ejection fraction of 50% with normal global and regional contracrility.

Now in the VA rates for heart disease it states:

More than one episode of acute congestive heart failure in the past year, or; workload of greater than 3 METs but not greater than 5 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of 30 to 50 percent!!

Now if I was having chest pain back then and my ejection fraction was 50% should I not have been granted 60%??

Please let me know what you all think on this. just to let you know I was granted 60% after a heart attack in 05.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

In my copy of my c-file that I have had since oh almost my first claim back in 2003 for DM2, hypertension and chest pain.

There is a heart write up from a place that did an evaluation on me and it states:

Gated SPECT shows a calculated left ventricular ejection fraction of 50% with normal global and regional contracrility.

Now in the VA rates for heart disease it states:

More than one episode of acute congestive heart failure in the past year, or; workload of greater than 3 METs but not greater than 5 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of 30 to 50 percent!!

Now if I was having chest pain back then and my ejection fraction was 50% should I not have been granted 60%??

Please let me know what you all think on this. just to let you know I was granted 60% after a heart attack in 05.

Well, your question brings on several other questions. Such as, did the VA Know about the 50% EF in 2003? Did you file a claim at that time? Who, exactly, was the entity that diagnosed your 50% EF and what, if anything, was the outcome of that diagnosis? If you did file a claim based upon the 50% EF, what was the VA's decision and, did you file a Notice Of Disagreement?

Need Mo Info.

OK I filed in 2003 for DM2 and chest pains the VA granted DM2 and hypertension and denied the heart. I appealed in 2004 right before my year was up and They came back in June of 05 and said in a SOC that I had no heart disease and only had hyperlidemia.

In Oct. 05 I had my heart attack and filed when I filed again when I felt better and told them I had just had a heart attack and sent all the papers in. In Feb. of 06 they granted heart disease bu only back to Oct.05 (they did give me 100% for 3 months and 60% ever since)

When IHD came out I filed for an EED back to 03 because I felt I had it back then. That is still in the works.

In the meantime while doing my SSDI app in going back through my records in the copy of the C-file that I have a found the report from my doctor that said the part about the EJ of 50%.

Today from the VA I got the ususal note do you have anything to add and to sign and send in any info or say no and sign.

What does everyone think.

I have been SC for my heart since 05 sec to my diabetes.

• HadIt.com Elder

OK I filed in 2003 for DM2 and chest pains the VA granted DM2 and hypertension and denied the heart. I appealed in 2004 right before my year was up and They came back in June of 05 and said in a SOC that I had no heart disease and only had hyperlidemia.

In Oct. 05 I had my heart attack and filed when I filed again when I felt better and told them I had just had a heart attack and sent all the papers in. In Feb. of 06 they granted heart disease bu only back to Oct.05 (they did give me 100% for 3 months and 60% ever since)

When IHD came out I filed for an EED back to 03 because I felt I had it back then. That is still in the works.

In the meantime while doing my SSDI app in going back through my records in the copy of the C-file that I have a found the report from my doctor that said the part about the EJ of 50%.

Today from the VA I got the ususal note do you have anything to add and to sign and send in any info or say no and sign.

What does everyone think.

I have been SC for my heart since 05 sec to my diabetes.

Well, if your request for an EED "is still in the works" then you need to make sure that the VA has this "new and material" evidence upon which to base their decision. I have nothing else to add.

But Larry the VA already has it. Do I have to send in a note and tell the damn rater to read it??

When I first sent in my claim back in Oct. of 09 in my letter of support I noted all of the information to support my claim is in my file!

Maybe i will sign this and fax it over with an explanation on a support form and see if they get it this time.

If not is this CUE!?!!