VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Question / Payment History

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

With the new EBenefits site operational something came to mind.

When our claims finish at the Authorization Phase and moves to notification we generally look to see if a deposit is made into our personal accounts before the "BIG LETTER" arrives. My question is this:

On the EBenefits site we can see our VA Payment History. Would the "award" back pay show up as a payment on there before it hit our bank accounts?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Excellent question, but I think the ebenefits site is too new to answer that. My experience with ebenefits is that it is pretty much in the testing phase, incomplete, and not all that accurate. I will give the VA a while to try to get this site really going, but I do have my doubts in light of the failure of other VA IT projects. The last VA failed IT attempt is here: http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfjul10/nf071410-2.htm

I think the basic problem is still nepotism, and the fox (VAOIG) guarding the henhouse, so the money for IT just gets squandered by "friends and family".

So far, the Ebenefits site is NOT up to date, so the short answer is NO.

Maybe the VA should award HADIT a $300 million contract to devise and implement a system to decrease the claims backlog and speed up the claims process.