VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Send In Ssa Letter Stating Their Finding

Rate this question

hulamatt

Question

They found me disabled for Schizophrenia. The only thing, is i have a statement by me that i would not like the VA to read, just because it is disturbing and i dont want to ruin my chances, or someone get an opinion of me. The other thing is that there is a hospital record, of me being (mental) hospitalized about 2 weeks before i went active duty, I was in the reserves. Im afraid that they might use that to say that i had schizophrenia before i went active duty. I wasn't diagnosed until about 6 months into active service. so my question is. I dont really want to start a whole nother angle on my case, and say that i had it before active duty, and then go through the loops of trying to prove it was agravated and by how much. So if i just send them my award letter would that be enough, or will they request documents from SSA, if they will then i just wont send in the award letter

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It should not matter as you were in the reserves when you were hospitalized.

They found me disabled for Schizophrenia. The only thing, is i have a statement by me that i would not like the VA to read, just because it is disturbing and i dont want to ruin my chances, or someone get an opinion of me. The other thing is that there is a hospital record, of me being (mental) hospitalized about 2 weeks before i went active duty, I was in the reserves. Im afraid that they might use that to say that i had schizophrenia before i went active duty. I wasn't diagnosed until about 6 months into active service. so my question is. I dont really want to start a whole nother angle on my case, and say that i had it before active duty, and then go through the loops of trying to prove it was agravated and by how much. So if i just send them my award letter would that be enough, or will they request documents from SSA, if they will then i just wont send in the award letter

Receiving benefits by way of fraud is a federal crime. You came to this forum and asked for help to get benefits that it appears you may not be entitled to. From some of your post's it appears that you want to paint this really convencing picture for the VARO, but post comments such as this one eluding to the fact that this is possibly a pre-existing condition. What is it you're after here at Hadit...

JMO,

Bergie

It should not matter as you were in the reserves when you were hospitalized.

I think that the disability has to happen while at drill or annual training, i had one hospital visit for like 2 days, it was after anual training not on duty so i dont think im covered

Quick question did you inform the military about your conditions before you went in?

Had no previous medical conditions when i went in 2007, so i didn't have to report anything, no surgeries, nothing....When i went active, about a year later u dont have to fill out that form at meps, stating if uve ever smoked weed, seen a doctor for a condition, hospial stays, because your already in, you just sign a contract and thats it, so i never lied about anything, id say i did have symptoms a couple weeks before i went active that were in their early stages and i didn't know i had anything wrong with me. it wasn't until after i went active, that i got really crazy and paranoid, and did all kinds of bizarre stuff, and thats when i was first diagnosed,

I guess my question is is my condition pre existing, and i should start my claim all over again, and i have no way to prove it was pre existing, besides writing a personal statement that would say while I was in the reserves, i believe i began experiencing symptoms of what i believe was schizophrenia without knowing...There is no way to show just how bad it was, or how fine i was

Or should i just go by the date i was first diagnosed with schizophrenia because who the hell am i to say i had it at that date, and technically according to DSM IV you have to be experiencing symptoms for longer than 6 months to be diagnosed as schizophrenia

who knows, i dont know what to do

Edited by hulamatt

You do not want to get SC in a situation where fraud could be suggestive. I would recommend you give them all the information and let the chips fall where they pay. I am certain you will enjoy life a little better that way.

I am not suggesting you are that type of person but you did ask rather a loaded question.