Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

9 Days Ago I Fax'ed To The Waco, T X, V A R O

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Veteran just e-mailed me with his C&P Examination Date(s) (in three weeks).

SHAZAMMMM!

I'm kinda ELATED!

Of course, they are "slam-dunks", or should be. But, even "slam-dunks" used to take MONTHS!

:biggrin:

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Veteran just e-mailed me with his C&P Examination Date(s) (in three weeks).

SHAZAMMMM!

I'm kinda ELATED!

Of course, they are "slam-dunks", or should be. But, even "slam-dunks" used to take MONTHS!

:biggrin:

We're trying hard. If a claim is claimed properly (is an actual disability, the vet actually has the disability, and there is evidence of it in service or presumption is available), it doesn't take much time to work a claim. Get the claim, look over the included evidence, look over the SMRs, schedule the exam with any needed opinion, and write up the decision. Wham bam thank you ma'am.

It's working 23 issue dog cases with seven volumes and ten private doctors with multiple ongoing claims and appeals that takes all the time.

*/ The comments and opinions expressed above are solely those of the commenter in their personal capacity and do not in any way represent the Department of Veterans Affairs. */

• HadIt.com Elder

We're trying hard. If a claim is claimed properly (is an actual disability, the vet actually has the disability, and there is evidence of it in service or presumption is available), it doesn't take much time to work a claim. Get the claim, look over the included evidence, look over the SMRs, schedule the exam with any needed opinion, and write up the decision. Wham bam thank you ma'am.

It's working 23 issue dog cases with seven volumes and ten private doctors with multiple ongoing claims and appeals that takes all the time.

Well, James, I really WAS so, well, so EXCITED that I had to run and tell my Wife, I had to tell someone. I mean, I'm 65 years old and I don't get real excited, real quickly, much, anymore!

This is so KEWL!

I did spend quite a bit of time getting ready to turn these two claims in to y'all. I made doubly sure that all the basic "paperwork" was there (DD214, SMR's, VA MedRecs, 21-4138 from the vet, explaining how his disability affected his daily life and how his medication affected his daily life, then I had him sign the "affidavit" stating that this was, essentially, a "fully documented claim", for both claims, then I Hi-Lited all the pertinent evidence and listed it on the 21-4138.

If this is how it goes, and this is how it takes to see a veteran's claim through to completion, then I will willingly spend as much time as it takes on the front-end (SMR's, SMT's, service records, St. Louis, VA med records, private treatment records...........), WHATEVER I can do. I do think that it makes ME a better veterans service officer, I really do, I have become much more INVOLVED in my veterans claim, I mean, I KNOW what the medical records SAY, I know what their service records actually SAY, I know HOW MUCH the veteran is REALLY is affected by his disability.

And, I think it makes me, BETTER because of the hope that I have that these veterans are being BETTER served, by me, and by you.

Thanks, James, for all You and WE can do. Sincerely.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Well, James, I really WAS so, well, so EXCITED that I had to run and tell my Wife, I had to tell someone. I mean, I'm 65 years old and I don't get real excited, real quickly, much, anymore!

This is so KEWL!

I did spend quite a bit of time getting ready to turn these two claims in to y'all. I made doubly sure that all the basic "paperwork" was there (DD214, SMR's, VA MedRecs, 21-4138 from the vet, explaining how his disability affected his daily life and how his medication affected his daily life, then I had him sign the "affidavit" stating that this was, essentially, a "fully documented claim", for both claims, then I Hi-Lited all the pertinent evidence and listed it on the 21-4138.

If this is how it goes, and this is how it takes to see a veteran's claim through to completion, then I will willingly spend as much time as it takes on the front-end (SMR's, SMT's, service records, St. Louis, VA med records, private treatment records...........), WHATEVER I can do. I do think that it makes ME a better veterans service officer, I really do, I have become much more INVOLVED in my veterans claim, I mean, I KNOW what the medical records SAY, I know what their service records actually SAY, I know HOW MUCH the veteran is REALLY is affected by his disability.

And, I think it makes me, BETTER because of the hope that I have that these veterans are being BETTER served, by me, and by you.

Thanks, James, for all You and WE can do. Sincerely.

Larry.

Your true passion is heard, loud and clear, thru your typed words. It's wonderful to read about your excitement and know that you truly work for the veterans you service. Thank you for reminding us that there are many good, caring VSO's out there!

And James...thank you too!

Edited by chr49

CHR49

Larry.

Your true passion is heard, loud and clear, thru your typed words. It's wonderful to read about your excitement and know that you truly work for the veterans you service. Thank you for reminding us that there are many good, caring VSO's out there!

And James...thank you too!

Hmm i dunno about this, maybe its just me...but how long have you been a NSO? and this is the first time you sent in a fully developed claim? Isnt that the way they are all suppose to be sent in? it sounds to me like you were doing your job, u should know what the disability is and how it effects him, and make sure he gets all his medical records, you are representing him...My NSO today didnt know my disability, why i was discharged, nothing, and i was going to a HEARING, i mean actually i guess its good that your doing your job, but your excitement at that you did it really scares me, like you never actually took the time to fully develope a claim and know the veterans disability and how it effected him and made sure all his med records were there, the highlighting is a nice touch though, but thats what a good NSO does, and the affadavid, is pretty good thinking

Hulamatt,

I think you are missing the point. Larry's excitment isn't in the fact that he turned in a fully developed claim. I'm damned sure he does that for every vet he represents. His excitement is in the fact that the new 21-526EZ Fully Documented Claim System is actually working. 90 days from reciept of claim to decision ain't bad in my book.

JMHO

SEMPER FI

ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE