Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Anyone Explain This?onon

Rate this question

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

ON MY DISCHARGS PAPERS IN 1948-1956 medical records state I have hyperensive disease leukocyuria cardiovaculria proteinria report for additional this was found in my records I got in 2002 also statment from exam I never had states .the same report.DOES anyone know what this is and if I die from IT what would tva put down of what I died for? now this is a cue because I don;t have anything wrong with my heart so va would have to pay something for this because whatever it is i don;t have .HOWEVER as it is listed I think I should open a clam OR JUST keep QUITE about so my family could collect on this as it is a error va must pay for this.WHAT is the best thing to do? and let me know this disease is? all this was found in my file;

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I want to add this to my prior post-

If a SC condition 'Contributes' to death or directly causes death, the death can be found service connected.

Example- real case -I think it was Harris V. Derwinski:

Vet died due to heart attack. The only SC comp he received was for hearing loss.

The widow proved that the veteran's NSC hearing problems made him inactive as it caused dizziness. He gained much weight and got no exercise and could not work due to dizziness.He developed heart disease which caused his death. The medical evidence supported the fact that the hearing loss and dizziness contributed to the veteran becoming heavy and not active, and getting heart disease and thus his hearing disability contributed to his death and the widow was awarded DIC.

Guest frank

thank you both for your exelcent avise. i did send a replay as soon as i read your message ;as i was writing my computer went down just got it back now TO the questions you asked about i only get ptsd 100% since 2003 I filed a claim in 1949 also wrote a letter i wanted to keep ins.I never got a answer but still have letter i wrote remenber we had no computers of fax so where ever that letter is lost .but in my file 2003 shows I am in hospital in japan for what i don;t know hospital records only state I the line of duty I was there 5 months.IN 1952-56 i am in the navy on uss wasp night it sunk the hopson on medical report from navy on smr states old lateral wall myocardial also states I have a unknow pinkish rash over my body. IN 1978 i try ot open a claim for hospital stay in 1948 va states no records found. I did not appeal this because va stated all my records were burnted in fire FOUND out this was not true because needed records were in file .I WANT TO STATE ALL INFORMATION WAS ONLY GIVEN TO ME IN 2002.FOUND in records is a approved claim for shoulder socket pulled out the night of sinking from heavy equipment we used to try to save the men in water.now back to raiding of 1994 -states re-open claim air-force 1946-49 request navy 52-56 others is checked fof include sgo. Develop radiation exposure m21-1 part 111 chapter 5.I had applied for a penson in 1994 I was denied because i made to much money 23000 a year. at that time i was on ssd since 1991 for unemployable for shoulder i put in a claim for shoulder only to be dinied however in va notes found in file I am raited for shoulder but va never lrts me know;then va sends me a letter in 1994 stating I am non service connected medical YET the va dr states i have this heart disease signs the paper my name is on the psper myss number anther thing I got a letter from insurance I can;y get insurance because i must be discharged AFTER 1951 I AM IN NAVY 52-56 I really can;y answer your question because i don;twhat or were or how anything is applied we are under appeal

Guest frank
I want to add this to my prior post-

If a SC condition 'Contributes' to death or directly causes death, the death can be found service connected.

Example- real case -I think it was Harris V. Derwinski:

Vet died due to heart attack. The only SC comp he received was for hearing loss.

The widow proved that the veteran's NSC hearing problems made him inactive as it caused dizziness. He gained much weight and got no exercise and could not work due to dizziness.He developed heart disease which caused his death. The medical evidence supported the fact that the hearing loss and dizziness contributed to the veteran becoming heavy and not active, and getting heart disease and thus his hearing disability contributed to his death and the widow was awarded DIC.

thank you please read the new reply i just wrote

I feel the 'paper trail' is often up to us as claimants to acquire-or to somehow re-construct it by attempting to get buddy statements, proof of prior hospitalizations, etc- and

ALWAYS to attempt to get your records from NARA yourself if the VA says they dont have them.

Morning reports, Unit histories- these are often the things a vet needs to get- during their lifetime-

because there are many spouses who would not know where to look.

I totally agree! I know I had my husband make two copies of his military medical records when he was retired, since the VA was going to have the original. Also the military has been known to doctor records. I made my husband keep a copy for years from an ER visit that was suppose to be for a dislocated shoulder and it was a seperated shoulder. The ER doctors did all this manipulation and couldn't get it back into it's socket, finally an orthopedic doctor who was working in another room came in and said that it should have been put back in place by now and asked what my husband's name was and looked at the x-ray and came in and said it was a sepearated shoulder not dislocated, so the ER doctors where making it worst. He documented it. I got a copy of that, because I knew of other people who had doctors who goofed up and somehow that page in their record would disappear or would be redone.

When the Air Force decided to medically retire my husband, I had him transferred from the base clinic to the doctor I see on Tricare (because I don't trust this base clinic, they can't even keep good doctors, the get here and try as hard as they can to get out) I trust my doctor more then I did the base doctors here. Since we have Tricare I have all his treaments paid for through it, instead of ChampVa or the VA clinic. He see's a civilian cardiologist who I have known for a while, we used him at the doctor I worked for. Now if the VA will recognize what the Air Force retired him for, they won't even give him service connectability on it, which is chronic angina (probably Coronary Syndrome X) Funny thing...well, not so funny....my husband can't get health insurance through his work because of his possible heart problem, but the VA says there isn't one. Good thing we have Tricare.

I agree, keep records of everything! Since we have entered the ago of computers, I seem to have more paper then I did before everything was computerized. B)

I need to get my husband to call the VA to see what the status of his appeal is, we haven't heard anything in a while and they won't talk to me. They will if he is here and says it is ok and I usually end up in arguments with the person on the phone, because they don't know anything.

thank you both for your exelcent avise. i did send a replay as soon as i read your message ;as i was writing my computer went down just got it back now TO the questions you asked about i only get ptsd 100% since 2003 I filed a claim in 1949 also wrote a letter i wanted to keep ins.I never got a answer but still have letter i wrote remenber we had no computers of fax so where ever that letter is lost .but in my file 2003 shows I am in hospital in japan for what i don;t know hospital records only state I the line of duty I was there 5 months.IN 1952-56 i am in the navy on uss wasp night it sunk the hopson on medical report from navy on smr states old lateral wall myocardial also states I have a unknow pinkish rash over my body. IN 1978 i try ot open a claim for hospital stay in 1948 va states no records found. I did not appeal this because va stated all my records were burnted in fire FOUND out this was not true because needed records were in file .I WANT TO STATE ALL INFORMATION WAS ONLY GIVEN TO ME IN 2002.FOUND in records is a approved claim for shoulder socket pulled out the night of sinking from heavy equipment we used to try to save the men in water.now back to raiding of 1994 -states re-open claim air-force 1946-49 request navy 52-56 others is checked fof include sgo. Develop radiation exposure m21-1 part 111 chapter 5.I had applied for a penson in 1994 I was denied because i made to much money 23000 a year. at that time i was on ssd since 1991 for unemployable for shoulder i put in a claim for shoulder only to be dinied however in va notes found in file I am raited for shoulder but va never lrts me know;then va sends me a letter in 1994 stating I am non service connected medical YET the va dr states i have this heart disease signs the paper my name is on the psper myss number anther thing I got a letter from insurance I can;y get insurance because i must be discharged AFTER 1951 I AM IN NAVY 52-56 I really can;y answer your question because i don;twhat or were or how anything is applied we are under appeal

You got a lot going on there. The myocardial statement could be evidence of a previous Myocardial infaction that was present at that time. If it was while you where on active duty and can prove it wasn't there before, I would think you would have a claim for disability for that.

I can relate with you on the radiation exposure issue. When my husband first applied they asked about past radiation and asbestos exposure. We where not looking for a rating for radiation exposure, but service connectability. My husband was in the bomb squad and did training on nukes and was exposed to radiation. They wanted the dosimeter readings. We don't have them, they are not kept in the medical records, each base keeps the records at the base public health. So we listed each base and Sandia National Laboratory, etc., for them to get the information. I don't know if we could even get the information if we wrote them. When I was working I did x-rays and I know what information they are looking for, and as far as we know he never had any badge reading of any exposure, but you never know what can happen, 20, 30, 50 years down the road with a little exposure. My husband couldn't even tell the doctor what he had been exposed to when we where going through infertility treatments, I don't have the clue of what sort of radioactive material he was exposed to. I know some of the training was top-secret, so who knows.

I need to send to NARA and see what records they have for him. Knowing my luck, all that information would be blacked out or not provided.. B)