VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Anyone Explain This?onon

Rate this question

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

ON MY DISCHARGS PAPERS IN 1948-1956 medical records state I have hyperensive disease leukocyuria cardiovaculria proteinria report for additional this was found in my records I got in 2002 also statment from exam I never had states .the same report.DOES anyone know what this is and if I die from IT what would tva put down of what I died for? now this is a cue because I don;t have anything wrong with my heart so va would have to pay something for this because whatever it is i don;t have .HOWEVER as it is listed I think I should open a clam OR JUST keep QUITE about so my family could collect on this as it is a error va must pay for this.WHAT is the best thing to do? and let me know this disease is? all this was found in my file;

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

I think I would file a claim. Make sure you have an autopsey done on your body when you die. If you die from heart disease then and are hypertensive I think your family would have an easier time showing death from SC condition and get DIC. I don't know if this is CUE.

This is my first post, I have lurked for a while...but I hope I can give some help.

What you had listed may have been single diagnosis’s, I don't know how in depth they did exams back in the 40-50's. I know reading my grandfather's discharge papers from WW II was difficult, misspellings, etc. Medical terminology is even trickier. I worked for a doctor for several years and recently have gone back to school to work in either a medical or business setting. Things in the medical setting is always changing and I had been out of the field for 10 years, because we got reassigned and my husband was deployed or TDY all the time and I had small children, it wasn't worth working to just pay for daycare.

What I can pick up from what you provided, I think they may have been listing multiple diagnosis’s or symptoms you had upon discharge.

hyperensive disease : I think they may have meant hypertension. But that could be a broad statement, you may not have had hypertension at the time you where discharged, but may have had an elevated B/P when you had your physical. Some people get what they call "White Coat Hypertension", their B/P can be normal at any other time, but when they see a doctor it shoots up. The only way to really diagnosis hypertension is to have constant readings of elevated blood pressure.

leukocyuria: (leukocyturia)white blood cells in the urine

proteinria: (proteinuria) protein in the urine

(note: you can have leukocyturia and proteinuria with a UTI, but they look more into the Protein in the urine for kidney problems...there are additional tests they can run, but I don't know if they where available back then)

cardiovaculria: This one is a little more tricky....The only thing I can come up with that they where trying to say was cardiovascular.

People with kidney disease can have problems with proteinuria and leukocyturia, among other things. Individuals who have diabetes are usually treated for hypertension, even if it is borderline, to help protect the kidneys. From what I can decipher from what you listed is that they where saying you had kidney disease, which if you had, could cause hypertension. But after all these years I would think you would know if you had it or not.

I am not a doctor, but I have had to deal with medical terminology for a while. I can believe that a VA doctor just said what it said on your discharge, but I am surprised they didn't give you any compensation....I should restate that, I can imagine!! B) I have done research on my husband's disability claim....still doing the waiting game on our appeal. They are denying what he was retired from the Air Force for, even though I submitted them documentation and even a case that went to the Veteran's Court of Appeals that was won for the same thing my husband has...(I know you are not suppose to do that, but I thought it might get through some dim wits mind that this was an actual condition)...BTW, when my husband had his VA exam, they never did a cardiac workup which I indicated in the appeal, but they keep saying what he has is a symptom, not a diagnosis...funny, there is a diagnosis code for it...but the Air Force found it enough to be the main reason to retire him for it. He has only been retired for almost three years and we have spent many hours in the ER or in the hospital because of his condition.

I don't know if the VA would open a disability claim after all this time, unless you can document that you had ongoing conditions that could be connected to what was on your discharge papers.

You may want to have your regular doctor take a look at what you have and he/she may be able to advise you better on what they may have been trying to say and look at your past medical history.

Guest frank

This is my first post, I have lurked for a while...but I hope I can give some help.

What you had listed may have been single diagnosis’s, I don't know how in depth they did exams back in the 40-50's. I know reading my grandfather's discharge papers from WW II was difficult, misspellings, etc. Medical terminology is even trickier. I worked for a doctor for several years and recently have gone back to school to work in either a medical or business setting. Things in the medical setting is always changing and I had been out of the field for 10 years, because we got reassigned and my husband was deployed or TDY all the time and I had small children, it wasn't worth working to just pay for daycare.

What I can pick up from what you provided, I think they may have been listing multiple diagnosis’s or symptoms you had upon discharge.

hyperensive disease : I think they may have meant hypertension. But that could be a broad statement, you may not have had hypertension at the time you where discharged, but may have had an elevated B/P when you had your physical. Some people get what they call "White Coat Hypertension", their B/P can be normal at any other time, but when they see a doctor it shoots up. The only way to really diagnosis hypertension is to have constant readings of elevated blood pressure.

leukocyuria: (leukocyturia)white blood cells in the urine

proteinria: (proteinuria) protein in the urine

(note: you can have leukocyturia and proteinuria with a UTI, but they look more into the Protein in the urine for kidney problems...there are additional tests they can run, but I don't know if they where available back then)

cardiovaculria: This one is a little more tricky....The only thing I can come up with that they where trying to say was cardiovascular.

People with kidney disease can have problems with proteinuria and leukocyturia, among other things. Individuals who have diabetes are usually treated for hypertension, even if it is borderline, to help protect the kidneys. From what I can decipher from what you listed is that they where saying you had kidney disease, which if you had, could cause hypertension. But after all these years I would think you would know if you had it or not.

I am not a doctor, but I have had to deal with medical terminology for a while. I can believe that a VA doctor just said what it said on your discharge, but I am surprised they didn't give you any compensation....I should restate that, I can imagine!! B) I have done research on my husband's disability claim....still doing the waiting game on our appeal. They are denying what he was retired from the Air Force for, even though I submitted them documentation and even a case that went to the Veteran's Court of Appeals that was won for the same thing my husband has...(I know you are not suppose to do that, but I thought it might get through some dim wits mind that this was an actual condition)...BTW, when my husband had his VA exam, they never did a cardiac workup which I indicated in the appeal, but they keep saying what he has is a symptom, not a diagnosis...funny, there is a diagnosis code for it...but the Air Force found it enough to be the main reason to retire him for it. He has only been retired for almost three years and we have spent many hours in the ER or in the hospital because of his condition.

I don't know if the VA would open a disability claim after all this time, unless you can document that you had ongoing conditions that could be connected to what was on your discharge papers.

You may want to have your regular doctor take a look at what you have and he/she may be able to advise you better on what they may have been trying to say and look at your past medical history.

[/quote thany you for this information this only came to light in 2002. va always stated no records found. in

I was in hospital in JAPAN 5 months no redical records were found in file for why i was there. joined navy 52-56 this is where my condition is in medical records from navy. in 1994 a rating dicision was made for me 11-4-93 raiding states reopen claim - I did so in 1978 va wrote back NO RECORDS FOUND rading states I applied for penson in 93 va states I cannot have penson because I make to much money 23;000 per year ; however I am an on ssd on 1991 for a service connedted shoulder socket puller out the night we sunk bthe the hobson i applier fo unemployed to va that i am denied.I don not use va doctors and I have no heart problem I have a checkup yearly I have no medical that va states .HOWEVER VA must stand behine the error for they cannot change this and if i die from these problems va will have to pay for the paper trail they left behine this was done to all ww2 veterans medical records were NEVER burnted in fire. pe

Frank- what current disabilities do you have ? Do you get SC compensation for them?

I assume you never filed a claim on these old conditions.

If no claim was ever filed and denied it is not a CUE claim basis-

"HOWEVER as it is listed I think I should open a clam OR JUST keep QUITE about so my family could collect on this as it is a error va must pay for this.WHAT is the best thing to do? and let me know this disease is? all this was found in my file;"

Even if they made an error that is not what DIC is dependent on.

It sounds like- since there is a C & P record of an exam you never got- that the VA has two sets of vets records mixed up.

If you have these conditions presently I would open a claim if I were you and attach copy of (and refer to in claim) of the Discharge certificate.

For EOD MOMMY and Frank

"HOWEVER VA must stand behine the error for they cannot change this and if i die from these problems va will have to pay for the paper trail they left behine this was done to all ww2 veterans medical records were NEVER burnted in fire. pe"

VA will only pay DIC for service connected death with medical evidence that the death was due to service,or if the vet was "in receipt of" or "entitled to receive" VA SC compensation for at least ten years prior to death. (38 USC 1318)(proven by medical evidence)

or under Section 1151 if VA caused the death of the veteran.

I feel the 'paper trail' is often up to us as claimants to acquire-or to somehow re-construct it by attempting to get buddy statements, proof of prior hospitalizations, etc- and

ALWAYS to attempt to get your records from NARA yourself if the VA says they dont have them.

Morning reports, Unit histories- these are often the things a vet needs to get- during their lifetime-

because there are many spouses who would not know where to look.

Guest frank
Frank- what current disabilities do you have ? Do you get SC compensation for them?

"HOWEVER as it is listed I think I should open a clam OR JUST keep QUITE about so my family could collect on this as it is a error va must pay for this.WHAT is the best thing to do? and let me know this disease is? all this was found in my file;"

It sounds like- since there is a C & P record of an exam you never got- that the VA has two sets of vets records mixed up.

If you have these conditions presently I would open a claim if I were you and attach copy of (and refer to in claim) of the Discharge certificate.

For EOD MOMMY and Frank

"HOWEVER VA must stand behine the error for they cannot change this and if i die from these problems va will have to pay for the paper trail they left behine this was done to all ww2 veterans medical records were NEVER burnted in fire. pe"

VA will only pay DIC for service connected death with medical evidence that the death was due to service,or if the vet was "in receipt of" or "entitled to receive" VA SC compensation for at least ten years prior to death. (38 USC 1318)(proven by medical evidence)

I feel the 'paper trail' is often up to us as claimants to acquire-or to somehow re-construct it by attempting to get buddy statements, proof of prior hospitalizations, etc- and

ALWAYS to attempt to get your records from NARA yourself if the VA says they dont have them.

Morning reports, Unit histories- these are often the things a vet needs to get- during their lifetime-

Guest frank

For EOD MOMMY and Frank