Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Not In My Records Still?

Rate this question

Mooshi

Question

OK so I am 30% disabled via VA right now but have other questions. The VA gave me a CPAP machine for my Sleep Apnea but put on my medical records that it was NOT service connected. Did they do this to try to shut me up? How do I get this put on as service connected? Also on my last tour before I got out I was in Bosnia and we lived six months right next to a blown up Asbestos plant. I reported this to VA several times and they still have not put this in my medical records. Whenever I am given breathing test I test around 80-82%. I was told I should be at 100%. I have reported this also and nothing. I do have an attorney that I have hired but have not told them about my issues. Should I tell them? They recently got my C File from the VA Houston regional office to overlook my case.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

"I do have an attorney that I have hired but have not told them about my issues. Should I tell them? They recently got my C File from the VA Houston regional office to overlook my case."

The lawyer should become fully aware of your issues to be able to fully represent you.

You have to formally claim the sleep apnea and then,if there is no nexus in your SMRs for this, you will need buddy statements from fellow servicemen who can verify your sleep patterns, heavy snoring, etc .

Do your personnel records show you had overslept or were late for duty due to sleep problems?

If you are claiming the asbestos plant situation caused the apnea, that will take a medical opinion that shows there is a nexus there to the apnea and proof of your exposure to either the asbestos or the fumes from the explosion-with no other etiology-that caused the lung problems that have caused the apnea.

What is the 30% for?

Is this in an appellate process? I assume it is because you hired a lawyer.

Can you scan and attach here the VA denial letter ?(cover the personal stuff)