Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

30 Day Time Limit To Send Claim Info

Rate this question

captain soggy

Question

hello all, I am applying for an increase in my disability rating and the VCAA notice says " I will send more information of evidence to support my claim. VA will wait the full 30 days from the date of the letter sent with this notice response before deciding my claim." I am still waiting on some doctors reports I would like to submit. My 30 day time limit is up on the 3rd of august. Should I send what I have available now such as my statement in support of a claim, some doctor records etc. then send the rest as I get them or can I wait to get everything and send it all at once. Thanks so much for your knowledgeable answers.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

August the 3rd has already past so I am guessing you really meant Sept. 3rd. If i were you, I would contact the doctor and ask, when will he be able to complete his report because you have to have your paper work in by the 3rd Sept.

If you don't have all the information you can ask for an extension to the 30 days. Send a written request and call the 800# and have them put a note in the system. You actually have a year to send the information, but they give you 30 days in order to speed up the claims process.