Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congress Coming After Diabetes Benefits....

Rate this question

OnRiver

Question

Articles from AP and Politico have recently come out questioning VA's giving benefits to Vietnam Veterans for agent orange concerning diabetes and more recently heart problems. The major issue is a study done on Agent Orange and the pilots who flew the agent. According to the study they were less likely to get diabetes than the average person. They have just called for hearings and the press and a number of politicians are pushing for repel. It is time to begin organizing and to even plan a march on DC and congress. The following are articles...http://www.wtvr.com/sns-ap-us-vietnam-agent-orange-claims,0,3372534.story...somebody changed my rank and other info...I certainly wasnt in the Navy.

Edited by OnRiver

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hadit does not condone nor approve political postings. Post the information and the link to the information. You must have a confirmed source.

The Rankings at Hadit are based on Navy Ratings for the Owner of the board is X Navy, Just Like Me.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I think all this is just a bunch of media fed bunk because it involves money! This will die down and if it doesn't quite a few vets will be up in arms!!

The scientific data is shown my IOM to support the findings and all procedure outlined by congress have been followed. Trust me the service orgs will be all over these articles. Send an email to the ones you belong to and tell them to get on the stick and condemn this pansy azzed reporters.

We fought over 40 years and had many of our brothers and sisters to die before us because of these issues..

I hope senator Webb is starting to realize how much damage he has done to the Vietnam vet.

Edited by stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

ok what ever that means but I am a Army Officer and I have been here longer than 06....

The Ranking system is based ont he Number of Post and content. We are happy to have Officers Opinions here as we have a lot of Officers on board.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Webb is not the one we should fear but the one who has called for the review at his committee the Senator from Hawaii. Remember this pertains to Vietnam era vets initially and we have a history of being screwed. If they do this then they can review everything after that including PTSD and some service related disabilities ie just because it showed up in the service doesn't mean it was caused by it. Granted they will be all over this because of the number and power of veterans organization but it is nothing to lightly. I dont want to loose my benefits and am willing to do what ever it takes to keep them...I am sure we agree on that.