Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New C&p Exam For Deferred Claim

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

I just finished speaking to someone on the VA's 1-800 inquiring about my deferred claim for ED. I was told that I would be sent for C&P exam for that. I had a C&P for the ED earlier this year and in the opinion of the examiner it was due to my disability. The examiner was a regular doctor who performed several exam procedures. I don't know what kind of doctor I will be examine by now at this new exam. Anyone have any idea if I could be sent to another kind of doctor,such as an urologist, and what the exam procedures would be? Thanks.

68mustang

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Even if a third exam was not in your favor, it's still two to one for you. (Also, the VA may ask for another exam if the previous exams are over a year old.)

Thirty days for an IRIS reply is not normal.

Write another, mentioning the previous one, and get into the why a third exam request, and possible fraud waste and abuse. (Misuse of govt. funds and a possible attempt to defraud a veteran, etc.)

The answer should be interesting!

Actually, I'd also think about contacting your senator or congressman's office, and see if they can add a little spice to the situation.

If they for instance, sent a copy of the unanswered IRIS with comments to the VA, along the above lines, I'll bet there will be a prompt answer.

I assume you have copies of the exam results, and can include them in any written correspondence generated by a congressman or senator's office to the VA.

Just a quick update. I still have not heard back from the Houston RO after my IRIS was forwarded there 03 Sep 10. I have called the 1-800 number twice and sent in an IRIS inquiry again this week detailing the C&P exam I already had and why I need another C&P exam for which a VA doctor has already provided an opinion for. It looks like for some reason that the VA is stalling. Thanks.

68mustang

Even if a third exam was not in your favor, it's still two to one for you. (Also, the VA may ask for another exam if the previous exams are over a year old.)

Thirty days for an IRIS reply is not normal.

Write another, mentioning the previous one, and get into the why a third exam request, and possible fraud waste and abuse. (Misuse of govt. funds and a possible attempt to defraud a veteran, etc.)

The answer should be interesting!

Actually, I'd also think about contacting your senator or congressman's office, and see if they can add a little spice to the situation.

If they for instance, sent a copy of the unanswered IRIS with comments to the VA, along the above lines, I'll bet there will be a prompt answer.

I assume you have copies of the exam results, and can include them in any written correspondence generated by a congressman or senator's office to the VA.

Thanks Chuck75 for your response.

68mustang