Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mets Question

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

On my Compensation exam done in June it states under Cardiomegaly-Functional limitations :Mets

reason Mets estimated only *Estimated Mets 5-7 based on exertion limited to types of activities such as climbing stairs, carrying objects 30-60 lbs, shoveling dirt,walking 4-5 mph.

Reason Mets estimated only:patient not able to walk on treadmill due to back and feet disabilities. pt had reaction to chemical stress test earlier this year when had chest pain evaluation. Effects on daily activities:none, effects on usual occupation:none.

Then under the impression/summary its states Mild cardiomegaly without evidence of ischemic disease documented by a negative persantine-thallium cardiac stress test.

The rating charts show a 30% rating for the Mets, however-I have been up nightly trying to figure if what the summary stated will wipe that out and give me a 0% I know how the doctor writes this up determines what you will get, and if they write this up per what the rating is for that category is supposed to determine what you get. But when the doctor writes something up and contradicts it in the summary I wonder If this will go against me. And this is exactly how my whole exam went with other issues. I would appreciate if someone who is familiar about this Mets issue could explain it to me what this means. By the way, the next idiot who tries to give this chemical stress again better stand by. A heart hospital gave me this test because my blood pressure was too high and I was on too many medications. I thought I was dying, was passing out cause I wasn't recovering from this test even with the refersal drug. They told me they were going to call an ambulance(the hospital was in the next block) if I didn't wake up. More drugs, after 2 hrs I limped out of the clinic and straight to bed rest for several days-don't get this test!!!!:ohmy:

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I had the chemical test, I never had the tredmill test..

sorry I idon't know about METS and scoring..

I can attest to the chemical test being a real B*tch!

I never want to go through with that again..

I had a hard time with the prep where they inject the saline at 7 am.. that alone almost knocked me out.. I did everything I could to keep from passing out during the 45 minutes after they first injected that saline..

For those that never had the stress test..

it is a 4 hour long nightmare.. well actually the stress part is really only about 3 minutes.. but the prep takes a couple hours..

They gave me the test before pancreas surgery.. also, my primary care doctor didn't understand me when I told her I felt weak and was passing out at my computer.. I told her I felt weak when sitting at my computer or when I ate food I had to rest..

she thought I had a stroke..

I think it turned out the pancreas and blocked veins caused slow blood flow to my intestines when I ate food..

they told me my heart is ok.. but that test felt like it was killing me.. It is one Evil Test!:blink:

On my Compensation exam done in June it states under Cardiomegaly-Functional limitations :Mets

reason Mets estimated only *Estimated Mets 5-7 based on exertion limited to types of activities such as climbing stairs, carrying objects 30-60 lbs, shoveling dirt,walking 4-5 mph.

Reason Mets estimated only:patient not able to walk on treadmill due to back and feet disabilities. pt had reaction to chemical stress test earlier this year when had chest pain evaluation. Effects on daily activities:none, effects on usual occupation:none.

Then under the impression/summary its states Mild cardiomegaly without evidence of ischemic disease documented by a negative persantine-thallium cardiac stress test.

The rating charts show a 30% rating for the Mets, however-I have been up nightly trying to figure if what the summary stated will wipe that out and give me a 0% I know how the doctor writes this up determines what you will get, and if they write this up per what the rating is for that category is supposed to determine what you get. But when the doctor writes something up and contradicts it in the summary I wonder If this will go against me. And this is exactly how my whole exam went with other issues. I would appreciate if someone who is familiar about this Mets issue could explain it to me what this means. By the way, the next idiot who tries to give this chemical stress again better stand by. A heart hospital gave me this test because my blood pressure was too high and I was on too many medications. I thought I was dying, was passing out cause I wasn't recovering from this test even with the refersal drug. They told me they were going to call an ambulance(the hospital was in the next block) if I didn't wake up. More drugs, after 2 hrs I limped out of the clinic and straight to bed rest for several days-don't get this test!!!!:ohmy:

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

November 2nd I am scheduled for this test at VA for fourth time.The worse part for me is the IV and than the weird feelings I get during the test. I would rather just get the plain vanilla echo cardiogram without any chemicals. I guess the interns need to practice

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I have had the chemical test just recently. It wasn't to bad for me except after they gave it to me I got a real kind of loosing it kind of feeling and very warm/ The nurse and doc were right their and kept checking me and talking me down so I would be OK. After I was fine. This was my first of these that I remember I have had quite a few of the echo test. I think they give me these because of my readings and heart condition. I will probably have a angio cath sometime next year.

Back to your question in your OP If your mets are 5.7 what is your left ventricle ejection % or were they not able to do that part? If you are based on the 5.7 you could go either way 30-60 but I agree the write does not help you but sure makes it sound like you feel better. I would guess you stay at 30%!

Good Luck to you!

I have had the chemical test just recently. It wasn't to bad for me except after they gave it to me I got a real kind of loosing it kind of feeling and very warm/ The nurse and doc were right their and kept checking me and talking me down so I would be OK. After I was fine. This was my first of these that I remember I have had quite a few of the echo test. I think they give me these because of my readings and heart condition. I will probably have a angio cath sometime next year.

Back to your question in your OP If your mets are 5.7 what is your left ventricle ejection % or were they not able to do that part? If you are based on the 5.7 you could go either way 30-60 but I agree the write does not help you but sure makes it sound like you feel better. I would guess you stay at 30%!

Good Luck to you!

Thanks, nothing was stated about the left ventricle ejection % on the comp exam. However on the heart exam done at a private heart hospital (submitted to the VA also)says the left ventricular ejection fraction was calculated to be 50%- Please tell me what that means for this exam-I am clueless about this So I am feeling that hopefully cause they put the Estimated Mets-I would get the minimum. rating of 30%-thanks

Take a look at how the VA rates cardiovascular disease at the first page of this site.

IF your LVE is 50% and your mets is 5.7 then supposedly based on the rating criteria you would be 60% because of your LVE or 30% because of your mets. The VA is supposed to give the veteran the highest rating they can. So in your case it would be 60%.

Were did you get the LVE % from?

Take a look at how the VA rates cardiovascular disease at the first page of this site.

IF your LVE is 50% and your mets is 5.7 then supposedly based on the rating criteria you would be 60% because of your LVE or 30% because of your mets. The VA is supposed to give the veteran the highest rating they can. So in your case it would be 60%.

Were did you get the LVE % from?

This came from a heart hospital-I used my benifits from tr-care prime to get a second opinion from the test done at the VA(exrays, echo-no stress test). I did submit this evidence to the VA for this rating. However it says that-computer generated left ventricular ejection fraction was calculated to be at 50%.-The overall left ventricular systolic function was normal. If this normal-does the VA rate this as o%, or because the MEts was put into the write up would it be 30%-this is confusing. What rating does the VA give for 50% lve?