Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dumb Tdiu Question

Rate this question

Money Mike

Question

Hey guys, I'm not quite out of the Army yet but about to file my BDD. I have been looking through my medical files and the "warms" website, and it looks like my disabillities may add to 100%. i.e. 60, 50, 50, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 10. So what happens if without any requests for tdiu, your stuff adds up higher than 95% ??? do you just get awarded the 100% disability, or do you have to ask for it? and if you do get the 95% can you still work or do you have to try and drop a couple things to leave you at 90%. I have been searching around and couldn't find a question similar to this, probably just overlooked it.

THANKS ALOT GUYS!!!!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are dealing with the VA you probably have to claim whatever you want. If you are 100% schedular and a good part of that is due to a psychological disorder then working will present a problem if the VA finds out you are able to work. If it is all physical stuff then 100% should not matter. Can you work? If you want to work and are able to work then don't apply for TDIU. Have you filed a VA claim yet? The TDIU you have to ask for if you don't reach 100%.

Keep in mind that TDIU is for veterans that can not maintain employment due to their service connected mental and or physical conditions. These conditions also must have a doctor's opinion that the veteran is unemployable. It is very hard to get 100% schedular with more than one condition. It is easier to hit the 100% for one condition but if it is for a mental condition, then the veteran would be very limited in his or her income. With multiple service connected conditions the closer you get to 100% the harder it gets to get it. Have you checked out the VA rating table calculator, VA has really fuzzy math when it comes to the combined rating chart.

http://www.hadit.com..._calculator.php

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 90% IU and getting the last 10% has been almost impossible for me. I would have to have some new serious AO condition or secondary condition to get the 10%. It is not worth thinking about.

john999 [url=http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?/user/148-john999/page__f__36]

Posted Today, 12:09 PM

I am 90% IU and getting the last 10% has been almost impossible for me. I would have to have some new serious AO condition or secondary condition to get the 10%. It is not worth thinking about.

Actually depending on what your ratings are you may need between a 10 and a 50% rating to hit the 100% schedular

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Thanks for all the great advice guys. and just to give you a general idea on some of the thing's i will be claiming...

1. Sleep apnea, w/ machine

2. meniere's syndrome w/ vertigo averaging once per month

3. cluster headaches

4. severe ibs

5. chronic bronchitis x7 yrs with more than one recorded and dx "attack" per year

6. Ptsd w/ secondary anxiety disorder

7. traumatic arthritis in 14 knuckles in hand not including wrists.

These are just the things that i have a DX for that I.M.O. should recieve more than 30% each for.

other things that are not 30% or more that i will attempt to claim include......

1. Painful scaring from 6x pilonidal cystecomys

2. bilateral gout

3. bilateral pfs

4. bilateral shin splints

5. bilateral tendonitis in knees

6. residuals of minor ACL tear in left knee

7. i have 3 DX's that are personal in nature but are secondary to IBS

8. athlete's foot?????

just had an xray and mri yesturday, to determine why my back is hurting. could be something, could be nothing???

THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH!!!!!

ANY FURTHER INFO WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I am rated actual 93% rounded off to 90%. What do I need for 100%? It does not matter much since I may be better off with 70% IU and 60% to get SMC "S".