VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Qtc's Opened And Don't Know Why

Rate this question

cannoncocker

Question

The VA has scheduled 2 QTC's that pretty much cover all my SC Disabilitiesthat the were done by the exact same examiners in just over a year ago. I will go to the W-S VARO Monday to try to figure this out.

Any suggestions? Can they reopen a claim that soon? Can I close those claims?

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've got it under control. I even believe they the VA has the right to exam, even rexam, at will, but what claims get decided should be up to me. What NOD's are there and what claims are submitted. That should be 100% my decision but claims are popping up in my files that start the chain of events that culminate in QTC's running wild.

Now, do you think for a second they will let me change one claim in my file. Let me ask and answer. Nope.

Well that is good news! I hope you are wrong on stopping claims by written statements. I put in for a claim of acid reflux and anemia and after getting the paper work decided I really did not want to get back in the rat race with them so soon. Plus they were holding up an appeal I wanted finished. I faxed them a letter telling them that I wanted the claim withdrawn at this time. I have heard nothing back and will probably check at the end of the week but that should be all that is needed.

A signed and sealed letter should be enough to take care of any problem with the VA! Just make sure you do it in writing!!

Hi Still, yep, although I think I am right about claims ceasing to pop up but what else can you do? I used IRIS to write the VA which they acknowleged that I no longer wished the DAV as my representative, which the VA wrote back stating they were writing the DAV that I no longer wished them to represent me, in the interim while moving from NC to FL I will use Appointment of Individual As Claimant's Representative VA Form 21-22a (myself) untilI I get fully moved into Florida then I will use the Florida County Veteran Service Officer APPOINTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICE ORGANIZATION AS CLAIMANT'S REPRESENTATIVE VA Form 21-22.

I have had zero luck getting a claim stopped without physically going to the VARO and filing the form right there and having it stamped as received.

Beyond that I do not have a clue to get a claim stopped. But I see no reason you couldn't back off some for a time. That seems like it would be in everyone's best interest but Who am I to say what the logic is.

Now I think about it the same issues that got the claims popping up could well be what is keeping them there unless I do it personally. Once I got to the VARO they were very helpful, well, to a point, but they had no interest in keeping a claim open. Why would they? it would just be more work and money for the VA.

Edited by cannoncocker

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Still, yep I hope I am right too about the claims cease popping up too but what else can you do? I used IRIS to write the VA which they acknowleged that I no longer wished the DAV as my representative, which the VA wrote back stating they were writing the DAV that I no longer wished them to represent me, in the interim while moving from NC to FL I will use Appointment of Individual As Claimant's Representative VA Form 21-22a (myself) untilI I get fully moved into Florida then I will use the Florida County Veteran Service Officer APPOINTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICE ORGANIZATION AS CLAIMANT'S REPRESENTATIVE VA Form 21-22.

I have had zero luck getting a claim stopped without physically going to the VARO and filing the form right there and having it stamped as received.

Beyond that I do not have a clue to get a claim stopped. But I see no reason you couldn't back off some for a time. That seems like it would be in everyone's best interest but Who am I to say what the logic is.

You do not have to file a 21-22a if you are representing YOURSELF. The only time a Power Of Attorney form should be filed is if you are APPOINTING another entity, whether an organization or another individual, to act in and for your interests.

Edited by LarryJ

Well that is good news! I hope you are wrong on stopping claims by written statements. I put in for a claim of acid reflux and anemia and after getting the paper work decided I really did not want to get back in the rat race with them so soon. Plus they were holding up an appeal I wanted finished. I faxed them a letter telling them that I wanted the claim withdrawn at this time. I have heard nothing back and will probably check at the end of the week but that should be all that is needed.

A signed and sealed letter should be enough to take care of any problem with the VA! Just make sure you do it in writing!!

Just to take this a little further. I sent a fax to my RO on Sept. 24th to withdraw a claim as noted above. Today I received an acknowledgement letter that the above claim has been withdrawn per my instruction of Sept. 24th!Today is oct.6th

Now as I have always mentioned ALWAYS keep copies and get a response from them in WRITING If you do those simple few things I guarantee you will have something sturdy to stand on that hey can not defeat!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Just to take this a little further. I sent a fax to my RO on Sept. 24th to withdraw a claim as noted above. Today I received an acknowledgement letter that the above claim has been withdrawn per my instruction of Sept. 24th!Today is oct.6th

Now as I have always mentioned ALWAYS keep copies and get a response from them in WRITING If you do those simple few things I guarantee you will have something sturdy to stand on that hey can not defeat!!

..........unless, of course, they just simply IGNORE it...........

......just sayin'..........

In my opinion if Varo is within a couple hours I would truck down there and find what the heck is going on with your file.If your VSO is putting in claims without you having no knowledge of them what so ever, time to go shopping for a new one.