Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Ptsd

Rate this question

grent

Question

if a veteran is scheduler 100% P and T

and one of his sc's is 100% PTSD can a veteran work and make as much as he wants??

Or if he does work can the VA move to suspend, reduce or take away any SMC or any K awards

i know if you have A and A attached to SMC I think i read you cannot work but if you do no have an A and A and just have SMC without an A and A award you can work and make as much as you want

could the forum please clarify my question I hear a lot of information but not sure if tis correct.

Thk you again

Gt

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

If a vet has a 100% rating for a mental health condition - no they can not work

without having big problems and the risk of loss of compensation.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

If they are P and T, I thought you could work, it was just if you were IU where you were penalized for working?

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Here are the 100% requirements;

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

if a veteran is scheduler 100% P and T

and one of his sc's is 100% PTSD can a veteran work and make as much as he wants??

Or if he does work can the VA move to suspend, reduce or take away any SMC or any K awards

i know if you have A and A attached to SMC I think i read you cannot work but if you do no have an A and A and just have SMC without an A and A award you can work and make as much as you want

could the forum please clarify my question I hear a lot of information but not sure if tis correct.

Thk you again

Gt

The 100% for PTSD is for mental and for the fact you can not work. Also the A&A is for the fact you can not take care of your self.

Go to work and it will go by- by

www.ngwrc.org

James A. Bunker

Executive Director

National Gulf War Resource Center

Phone: 785-925-9887

Email: Do not post your email address.

Join us on Facebook

• HadIt.com Elder

if you are 100% TDIU or schedular it does not matter you have been deemed to be unemployable there are exceptions of course a protected family business where you have no real responsibility and there is someone there to protect you etc, income property where you hire all the repairs done by contractors etc investment income from stocks etc but the rules are pretty strict and any scribbling outside of the lines will have the IRS and VA all over you

100% vets that work are guys that lost legs, arms back injuries etc physical injuries not mental health injuries

vets that are 100% for mental health reasons regardless of what the diagnosis is for Bi-polar PTSD, MDD etc means no more work for any type of employer you are physically retired if you wish to return to work look to be reduced to either 70% or 50% whichever rating they award after they give you that new C&P exam and if they decide you have been over paid in the meantime while you were collecting the 100% rate and the time before they discovered you were employed then they will have a very large U owe us XXXXXXXXXXXX dollars and we are with holding all future payments until we have recovered it

I do not understand vets that spend years fighting the VA to get 100% P&T or TDIU for PTSD and then immediately start asking about going back to work wanting a job to make 20-80,000 a year either you are disabled or you are not you can NOT have it both ways if the VA has found you to be totally disabled by all means file for SSD between the 2 checks most veterans can live quite well in states where property is tax free and car tags are free for totally disabled veterans yes many of us made a lot more money working for good employers that paid over time or had highly skilled jobs the fact is we aren't able to any more and the vets getting 100% P&T and SMC and a K award etc are getting about 3500 a month add another 1000 a month or more for SSD and you are now looking at 4500 a month tax free a lot more money than most people get working you are not spending 50 bucks a week for lunch at work, you ain't buying gas to get back and forth to work at most you have to keep a few doctor appts a year to get your meds renewed with P&T your spouse and kids are covered by CHAMPVA for medical coverage and your spouse can work and make all she wants but that may bring your SSD into a taxable area

enjoy your retirement and go fishing, if you need a reason to get out of bed every day volunteer for meals on wheels go be a school xing guard etc where they take volunteers but leave the IRS and 1099 forms out of your life all you are asking for is trouble

but by all means if you have recovered enough from your PTSD symptoms and want to return to work let the VA know ahead of time and get the VA award reduced to the proper level when you start your new job so you don't get yourself in trouble with htem, who knows you may relapse and need to get that 100% rating back again one day

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."