VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Brown Envelope Yesterday

Rate this topic

aboogger

After 9 1/2 years I finally WON....I was granted an increase to 60 percent for IHD and also awarded TDIU P & T with an effective date back to 2-2008. I was first denied in 2002 after filing in 2001 for IHD due to AO but IHD back then was not a presumptive. MY IHD is secondary to SC Hypertension. In my award letter yesterday it so stated that I will come under Nehmer Review once the New Rule for IHD is final.

OK..Here's my question: Now that I'm rated at 60 percent but also awarded TDIU / P and T and with NO FUTURE EXAMS, how will I be rated under Nehmer??..My backpay on this TDIU award will go back to 2-2008...so when I'm approved for Nehmer, I know my effective date should go back to 7-2001 and up to 1-2008, but under what Percentage will the Retro be paid.???....Or will they (VA) rate me separate for the Nehmer Rule and pay back pay under that rating....

Questions I can not find or get answers....

According to NVLSP, the VA should retro me back to November 1995 as when I filed for SSDI back then I also filed for C and P with the VA...Got denied Compensation SC for IHD but in Jan1996 I was awarded a Non-Service Connection PENSION for IHD...btw...I also was awarded SSDI for Chronic Ischemic Heart Disease in 1996 as well...

During my appeal for IU my SSDI was considered in my TDIU award...and it so states in my SSDI award that I had CHRONIC ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE back then...even before I knew anything about Agent Orange...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your climb to the top of the mountain !

I don't know the answers to your questions but, I'm sure someone will come along

and answer them soon. I'm interested in these answers also and will follow this thread ...

Again, WTG ! Sweet victory at last.

WOW -an IHD AO Award!!!!!!

This s good news!

"According to NVLSP, the VA should retro me back to November 1995 as when I filed for SSDI back then I also filed for C and P with the VA...Got denied Compensation SC for IHD but in Jan1996 I was awarded a Non-Service Connection PENSION for IHD...btw...I also was awarded SSDI for Chronic Ischemic Heart Disease in 1996 as well..."

I agree with NVLSP on that retro date-if the opriginal IHD claim was filed in Nov 1995 and denied.

The rating however- not sure at all- was the SSDI award solely for the IHD and and /or any other SC conditions?

The decision will tell you more and we can help more when we learn of the retro dates they used.

"I also was awarded SSDI for Chronic Ischemic Heart Disease in 1996" I am wondering why they didnt award you 100% for IHD ????

WOW -an IHD AO Award!!!!!!

This s good news!

I agree with NVLSP on that retro date-if the opriginal IHD claim was filed in Nov 1995 and denied.

The rating however- not sure at all- was the SSDI award solely for the IHD and and /or any other SC conditions?

Berta...Yes, when I was awarded SSDI back in 1996 with an effective date back to November 1995, my SSDI was for Chronic Ischemic Heart Disease, and that's how it's documented in My SSDI Award Letter. As I stated, when I filed for SSDI in Nov 95, The social security admin, told me to file with the VA. I filed the C and P for Coronary Artery Disease with a VSO back then. I reminded the VARO during my claim and appeals that I had filed back then and that they would have the original claim file along with the denial letter for compensation and the award letter for NSC Pension for CAD.....

The decision will tell you more and we can help more when we learn of the retro dates they used.

Although I'm rated at 60 percent with TDIU/ P & T and will be paid at 100 percent, I'm wondering how they will rate me beyond 2-2008 under the Nehmer Review....as my TDIU award has an effective date back to 2-2008 ( That's when I reopened my claim for CAD with new and material evidence)...

In 1991 at the age of 41 I had an emergency 5 bypass and up to 1995 when I filed for SSDI and VA, I had suffered at least 3 or 4 heart attacks...and up to now I've had 8 heart attacks...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use