Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Hadit Vso Assistance

Rate this question

chr49

Question

First off, my VSO's are with the TN DVA and I believe they have done their jobs properly. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the following situations from happening again.

Old issue: April 2010; submitted evidence thru my VSO in reply to a VARO request. The VARO said they never received it. I re-filed that evidence in August. A day or two afterwards, I received my c-file and found it contained the date stamped form VA-4138 and all records that my VSO had submitted for me in April. April's evidence was omitted from my July decision. Hopefully, the April evidence will be viewed as new evidence as I move forward in the process.

New issue: August 13th; submitted a NOD thru my VSO. On September 30th, I made an IRIS inquiry to verify the VARO was in receipt of my NOD. I received 2 IRIS replies stating the August 13th NOD was not (1) in my electronic file and was not (2) in my VARO c-file. The last reply advised that my VSO re-file the NOD. I continue to lose time with all of this re-filing.

Questions:

Is this a common problem?

If so, are there any recommendations to remedy this situation?

After my VSO re-files the NOD would it help if I personally send or fax the VARO a copy of NOD?

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give me.

CHR49

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

....................and the envelope goes directly into the mailroom trash after being opened....................................

Well, THAT takes care of that!!

CHR49

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

....................and the envelope goes directly into the mailroom trash after being opened....................................

Larry,

That one was pretty good!

The ATTN: line is used to direct the letter/package to a specific person or department. During 'sorting', your letter may also be opened in order to determine if it really should go to the requested person or department. The ATTN line helps, but is not a guarantee.

I still like Larry's approach to provide the paperwork in more than one method. Very cool...

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

I called my local congresswoman for a meeting. Her assistant says she is "unavailable". Well, I won't be available in November. I contributed to this arrogant person's campaign and "unavailable" is what I get. We shall see. They are going to get a lot of letters from me and maybe me out in front of their office with a sign. If you want help from the VA you need to be a pest. Being a nice, quiet vet with your hat in your hand won't get it. The VA kills people. Do you think they give a damn about us?

Would I protest an injustice? Yes, there's no doubt about it.

I lived with hate, anger and rage for over 30 years after returning from 'Nam. I was quickly given the nickname 'A-hole R----d' and watched my friends/family, more often than not, turn the other way when they saw me headed in their direction. I've achieved much more since I've worked to change my attitude. I still feel the anger/rage and I still want to fight when I'm cornered but I try hard to evaluate each situation and plan my response rather than reacting without thinking. All that being said - I don't/won't sit back and let others roll over me.

Edited by chr49

CHR49

First off, my VSO's are with the TN DVA and I believe they have done their jobs properly. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the following situations from happening again.

Old issue: April 2010; submitted evidence thru my VSO in reply to a VARO request. The VARO said they never received it. I re-filed that evidence in August. A day or two afterwards, I received my c-file and found it contained the date stamped form VA-4138 and all records that my VSO had submitted for me in April. April's evidence was omitted from my July decision. Hopefully, the April evidence will be viewed as new evidence as I move forward in the process.

New issue: August 13th; submitted a NOD thru my VSO. On September 30th, I made an IRIS inquiry to verify the VARO was in receipt of my NOD. I received 2 IRIS replies stating the August 13th NOD was not (1) in my electronic file and was not (2) in my VARO c-file. The last reply advised that my VSO re-file the NOD. I continue to lose time with all of this re-filing.

Questions:

Is this a common problem?

If so, are there any recommendations to remedy this situation?

After my VSO re-files the NOD would it help if I personally send or fax the VARO a copy of NOD?

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give me.

If the Time stamp for what you turned in was April and they did not address it, that can make a CUE in the case if you need it. If you addressed it in the NOD than not. The only time you lose on time is if you do not file a timely NOD. That is when you have to start all over. File the NOD then ask for a DRO then file to go to the BVA -------

James A. Bunker

Executive Director

National Gulf War Resource Center

Phone: 785-925-9887

Email: Do not post your email address.

Join us on Facebook

• HadIt.com Elder

Any VSO that objects to a client double checking on their own claim is not one I would want for my own.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

ALWAYS, on every page of every form or statement, etc., PUT YOUR CLAIM NUMBER AT THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER, neatly.

I even had a rubber stamp made with my claim number on it.

Secondly, I always, whether sending in paperwork of my own, or one of my veterans that I represent, I FAX it and I mail it (return receipt requested). And, if I really, really want it there "before hell freezes over", I'll FAX it and FedEx it (could be the cheapest THING you EVER did, in the Lonnng Run).

just sayin..................

ABSOLUTELY! I fax my documents and as I do, I write the date and time faxed on the back of the page. Then I put them in clear document protectors and store them in date order in a binder. THEN, I call to make sure they received my fax - 2 to 3 days later. :)