VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Case Closed

Rate this topic

harleyvet

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called the 800 number this morning and was told that they are not "authorized" to give that information out over the phone. So I am still waiting....

I called the 800 number this morning and was told that they are not "authorized" to give that information out over the phone. So I am still waiting....

Just ask "what is my current disability". I called 3 times one day after e-benifits stated case closed before someone would give me an answer. Sometimes that information is not even available for a few days, other times they won't give out the information. The trick is to play dumb, and ask a very simple question, and the unsuspecting rep will give it to you. Most of the time they want you to have the decision letter in front of you for privacy reasons before they will release any information. I hope you really get a good decision!!

So I just got home, and not letter in the mail yet. Continued trying to call the 800 number as suggested by Cool, getting the the response that they were experiencing heavy volume, sorry for the inconvenience. Waiting sucks....:dry:

Just hang up and call back in half an hour or so.

You will most likely get a different person - perhaps even one with at least a partial brain :(

Called the 800 # again this morning, and was told my percentage is 80%. That is a relief in itself. Now just need to see what was rated and at how much.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use