Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

High Blood Pressure

Rate this question

grent

Question

I HAVE A QUESTION ON HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.

IF A VETERAN HAS HAD HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AS SECONDARY TO BEING AWARDED CERVICAL AND LUMBAR SERVICE CONNECTION

IN OTHER WORDS>>>>>>>>

COULD THE VETERAN RECEIVE 100% RATING FOR THE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SINCE HIS CHRONIC BACK PAIN BOTH CERVCIAL AND LUMBAR PAIN WHICH HE IS SERVICE CONNECTED FOR ALREADY IS CAUSING THE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HE IS ON HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATIONS ALREADY????

THANK YOU

GRT

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think you could get 100% for High Blood unless you had a couple of strokes. You have to have a very serious case of uncontrolled high blood to get a high rating. You need to be almost dead. You know very high blood results usually in a stroke. You could probably get 100% for the stroke as a result of HBP. This is my opinion from talks with my doctor at the VA. Is your HBP controlled by meds?

I don't think you could get 100% for High Blood unless you had a couple of strokes. You have to have a very serious case of uncontrolled high blood to get a high rating. You need to be almost dead. You know very high blood results usually in a stroke. You could probably get 100% for the stroke as a result of HBP. This is my opinion from talks with my doctor at the VA. Is your HBP controlled by meds?

TDIU maybe?

• HadIt.com Elder

To get 100% for HBP would be unheard of!

The VA schedular numbers are high, and the VA likes to say that the BP after treatment is the governing factor.

So,you would likely be confined in a hospital with uncontrollable HBP to get 100% from the VA for HBP, and your spouse would likely be the recipient of any awards.

TDIU maybe?