Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Status Of Dependents Questionnaire

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

R'cd letter from VARO asking for change in number of dependents. I know many of you r'cd the same communication. It's a pain but I just fill out & return. My problem I can read the letter ok, but the back side with the form is so light I can't read it. The front side of letter say VA Form 21-0538 APR 2009. When I search I can't find that form. Can anyone send me a link to that form.

Thanks,

Don

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have also filed for a dependency claim. I am going on 8 months now and waithing. My original award date was in July/2012. The claim for dependency is showing in ebennies completion date 8/2013. Should I submit another VA form 21-686c?

Do NOT submit another claim! This would be the worst thing you can do. I have submitted many Dependency claims, these are taking anywhere from 6-18 months, depending on the VARO that's handling your claim.

these dependency questionnaires are randomly sent out by the VA. These are used to verify the dependents listed on the veterans c-file nothing more nothing less.

I have never heard that these were being used as a claim for dependents. That would be a VA FM 21-686c.

I really do think the VA will eventually drive me insane.

My 18 year old dependent who is going to college is supposed to be an extra $224 a month (roughly). I can only guess that Congress's intent was that those funds were ment to allow me to help my child pursue thier education. Clearly though when it takes longer than an entire academic year for the VA to process the form, the reason and purpose of the payment is frusturated.

In my case, since the dependent was on the award, the VA will spend more time setting this up into the "claim system" than it would actually take to look at the form, the registration reciepts and indicate in thier "highly effective, granular and robust" computer system that I should be paid for him! If He had never been on the award previously, I understand it would be more complicated, but they will spend more time tracking this as a claim and a work credit than the actual task will take.

How about some more Dilbert Comic strips where Dilbert Leaves corporate America and goes to work for the VA to "help People"!