VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Guy Playing The Waiting Game After Submitting His Claim.

Rate this question

GolfNut

Question

Spent about thirty minutes searching and couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. I followed the advice of my DAV and mailed out the fast start form, copy of my medical records and copy of marriage certificate on 9/20 for my claims which were all physical . It appears I am waiting on the C and P appointment? Anyone know how long they're taking and how they contact you (mail or phone)? Also can anyone link any threads of what I can expect for the C and P appointments; again, I've tried searching yet can't seem to find anything. Thanks

Ok thanks. Today is the start of week seven and nothing yet. I originally went through a DAV, but they went over paper work and told me to mail it. Guess I'll be waiting a while. Thanks.

As far as waiting for C&P's it appears the VA is concentrating more on trying to speed up the process and order the exams more timely. However a GWV I know waited from 07 to finally get his this past summer. He kept in contact with his VSO and neither would get any info...so he called the call center repeat times and finally got a DECENT person who put it through. He did receive retro from 07...total % 150...VA retro 80. Once the exams were received back at the VARO, the award took 8 days.

Mine took years because of appealing, however post my first exam after VARO received claim, took 7 months and for my grant, it took about 5 more months. This started in 03 for me though.

• HadIt.com Elder

Golfnut,

I didn't see what the medical issue your being examined for in your post.

This web page will help you see what the examination should be.

Disability Examination Worksheets

http://www.vba.va.go...exams/index.htm

On the intro letter I recieved from QTC for all my C&P's it said not to bring anything with me, that the VA would supply all the records. Complete BS. I took all my service records and current records that were vital evidence to my claim. It helped a great deal as the examiner had none of these.

The claim was remanded to the VARO for rating from the BVA. They awarded 10% right off the bat, than ordered the C&P's to determine the extent of the injury and illness. It should have been the other way around it you ask me.

I recieved one C&P about a month after I sent in the NOD on the low ball rating. Another for another health issue a month after that. And another for another health issue a month after that. The last one was back in May of this yr. I'm still waiting for the VARO to take some kind of action on it. I will be lucky to get an SOC before next summer.

I've seen no change in claims processing since filing in 1994. Needless delays, denials and low ball ratings.

Edited by allan

I had a bunch of things claimed, I did look on the va site and have some ideas of what I can expect. I'll wait for a while, but what does anyone feel I should take action after a certain amount of time, perhaps at the 90 day mark if I don't hear anything? What action can I take?

Waiting is the hardest part. I always wondered if I put in enough. I kept sending more and more from medical appointments I was still having. That kept pushing back everything. I waited 10 months before getting my C&P exams and then I got a rating at 12 months exactly after putting in my claim. Most of my medical records were never used to give me a rating. I was given service connection for 4 of my issues. One was given because of service records and 3 were given because of 2 buddy letters and one phychologists letter that happenned to have a doctorite degree. I filed and researched everything myself because I did not like the person that I was dealing with. good luck with your claim and stay positive.

I feel your pain!! I just completed my information for submission. I sometimes feel I am missing something that can make a difference. Oh well....I will just sit back and wait for the response. Ya just do what you can do.