Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Impressed With Va Doctor

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I went in for a routine appointment today and I was really impressed.(and I am a very hard person to please) I didn't see the regular doctor-soon as they asked the question how are you feeling today - gave them the 9 for pain scale-a different doctor showed up quickly-one that was doing urgent care appointments. Explained that I was in terrible pain from my neck-radiating all over entire body-nerve damage possible. The tricare still hasn't approved the MRI. She ordered complete xrays-neck and entire back, not just the neck(the base doctor said we aren't going to worry about the back pain, that is hard to treat and most of the time that doesn't work). They only did 2 xrays, the VA took 15. Also prescribed pain medicine which the base never did,(imagine, going without a prescription for pain) and all the labs- and a MRI. Also she gave me an emergency follow-up appt. for next tuesday to see how I was doing.Normally those take a month or so(or does that have to do with being 50%) The VA doesn't have to wait for an approval for any test. And an $11.50 cash travel pay for each appointment. Also appointment for a surgeon. Plus that dreaded shock test for nerves(ouch) Doctor said you aren't getting out of this test. My wife said you better watch out, they are gonna kill you. Well, if they do obviously you well be quite rich. Since I can't get treated by the military properly, I am counting on the VA. I haven't had them treat me for anything major yet. The only bad thing is the doctor said based on my symptoms it could be surgery-just wait. This will be their opportunity to redeem themselves for past terrible experiences. Other than VA compensation exams, and a pill for foot pain thats it. I made sure I submitted a request for copies of all exam results and the doctors write up. This is something that I do for each visit. I never post anything positive, so this is a first . I am hoping for a good out come as this also was an issue that was left at 0% for the last rating decision

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am really sorry to hear that. Been thinking of changing my name to something more relevent to my current situation. I do hope your health gets better. I am trying to get proper medical care for my current situation and get properly diagnosed. Imagine a foot doctor giving me an medication for NP when that isn't her specialty . The doctor gave me pain meds, told me to stop taking that until properly treated to know where that is coming from ect.

I was kinda making a light hearted joke,, about you having a name which suggests you takes things easy, and I am getting things very hard..

so my name would have been the opposite of your very cool and easy going forum name..

I actually use another name for some other forums I do some hobbies on.. but decided to keep the forum names seperate. I don't care for people hunting me down, lots of kooks are out on the Internet, and not using the same name makes it harder for the kooks to chase one around..

(yes, there are evil people who will take what one writes and use it in some twisted ways..).

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

I was kinda making a light hearted joke,, about you having a name which suggests you takes things easy, and I am getting things very hard..

so my name would have been the opposite of your very cool and easy going forum name..

I actually use another name for some other forums I do some hobbies on.. but decided to keep the forum names seperate. I don't care for people hunting me down, lots of kooks are out on the Internet, and not using the same name makes it harder for the kooks to chase one around..

(yes, there are evil people who will take what one writes and use it in some twisted ways..).

I understand, the name I choose doesn't fit this type of forum. Its actually quite misleading. So I am not trying to upset anyone-just understand this is only a name that has nothing to do with the the way I feel. I was actually given that nickname in the NAVY years ago, cause I sure was cool. Don't feel that way anymore, should have used one of my other ones but it is in use now- and yes, someone would definitely use that against me.