• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Now?

Rate this question

doogie

Question

Ok, i just got a reply from the personnel records center:

what sould i do next???? is this some kind of a VA trap

Thank you for contacting the NATIONAL PERSONNEL RECORDS CENTER:

The origional medical record needed to answer your inquiry is not currently in our files.

The medical record has been loaned to the Department of Veterans Affairs [VA ]

We suggest you contact the nearest VA Regional office to obtain copies of the records.

If a filed claim has been filed with the VA it would be helpful to include the VA claim number

BLA BLA BLA

I have made application 3 times ,one time no answer.2nd time they gave me copies of my enlistment contract,and this time they sent me this.

For some reason it seems that the records center do not want me to have a copy ,for my pulmonary artery insuffiency claim, and are passing the buck.

My claim has been denied three or four times with the VA saying this condition was present when i entered the US NAVY in 1966.

This record would prove without a doubt that there was no condition at that time,so what gives.

I am concerned also that the VA might have altered my origional records.I thought the records center only sent copies and that the kept the origional.

i sure hope this record of my induction physical has not dissapeared out of existance.

Any suggestions would be most appreaciated.

GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY VET///AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I think what you are running into is pretty common. I know I had the same problem, anyway.

I believe the services send most medical records to the VA. The only way I was able to get copies was to request them from the VA. At the time of my request I was dealing with the Atlanta VARO and I believe it took me about 18 months to get them. Of course, I also requested a copy of my C-file first from Atlanta and then from Buffalo VARO beginning in June 2009 and I don't have that yet either.

Good luck!

Ok, i just got a reply from the personnel records center:

what sould i do next???? is this some kind of a VA trap

Thank you for contacting the NATIONAL PERSONNEL RECORDS CENTER:

The origional medical record needed to answer your inquiry is not currently in our files.

The medical record has been loaned to the Department of Veterans Affairs [VA ]

We suggest you contact the nearest VA Regional office to obtain copies of the records.

If a filed claim has been filed with the VA it would be helpful to include the VA claim number

BLA BLA BLA

I have made application 3 times ,one time no answer.2nd time they gave me copies of my enlistment contract,and this time they sent me this.

For some reason it seems that the records center do not want me to have a copy ,for my pulmonary artery insuffiency claim, and are passing the buck.

My claim has been denied three or four times with the VA saying this condition was present when i entered the US NAVY in 1966.

This record would prove without a doubt that there was no condition at that time,so what gives.

I am concerned also that the VA might have altered my origional records.I thought the records center only sent copies and that the kept the origional.

i sure hope this record of my induction physical has not dissapeared out of existance.

Any suggestions would be most appreaciated.

GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY VET///AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

OK lets look at this logically IF you have been denied twice based on an entrance exam that the VA has, then they MUST have the records or copy of. They CAN NOT deny without having proof. Get a copy of your c-file and see exactly what they are looking at to deny you!!

Also in their decision they put what they need from you to SC this condition. Give them what you have a go from there.

• HadIt.com Elder

“My claim has been denied three or four times with the VA saying this condition was present when i entered the US NAVY in 1966. This record would prove without a doubt that there was no condition at that time, so what gives.I am concerned also that the VA might have altered my original records.”

I did some research to try to figure out what was going on and why the VA has denied your claim. However, there are some questions that would that when answered will allow me to focus on the issues a little better. Other than saying that your condition was present when you entered the military, what else happened? Were you denied without a C&P exam? If you had a C&P exam did the doctor write a negative opinion? What CFR’s or cases were cited on the denial.

It is possible that the VA has gotten some records mixed up. It is also possible that there is an error on your entrance exam. If there is an error on your entrance exam I would think that a condition involving pulmonary artery disease would be fairly easy to show the error.

I have found some literature that links pulmonary artery disease to childhood diseases and congenital defects. If this is an issue in your claim then researching VA laws as they apply to congenital diseases or childhood diseases would be necessary. Additionally, further development of medical evidence would be necessary to rebut any determination made by a rater without the benefit of a C&P or to rebut any negative opinion given by a C&P examiner.