VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Under Nemeyer Rule

Rate this question

RonP

Question

I have IHD since 1993, Private medical doctor, filed claimed in 1994, many varying denials.

I have had 4 heart attacks total , coronary bypass /3 vessel and heart attack after. Private DR statement that PTSD contributed More likely than Not to my condition.

I am 100% disabled on SS.

Last cath lab ef 26, 27 ,and last C&P 28. All document submitted, medical histories for 25 years

civilian and VA I currently have a 100% rating on my heart disease with -0- compensation

I am currently receiving 50 % ptsd and 10 % tinutus.

My Question, How long will The Nemeyer group take to make a decision in my case.

Since there are about 2700 in the class, how much of an estimate in time will it take for them to work through

them all ? I am in failing strength and am concerned I will not live long enough to collect. I am 61

Thank you to any that tackle this question,

Ron Prince

Zamboanga Philippines

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

J Basser,

Thank you for your comment, Please I claim ignorance, I have looked for abbreviations, I can't find them.

Would you please explain in English what you thought my rating would be ? I understood 100%, but not the rest. not so....Sorry to bother you.

It was under agent orange, Ischemic Heart disease

Thank you so much for your valued time. Yes I was a Machinegunner, o331 front line DMZ tet. Quangtri , Pleiku, Dong Ha, never in the rear except for heat stroke evac. USMC , never had a cold beer, never saw a USO show.

Pancit is great but I live on a diet strictly of tuna, and I have one beer per month. The dollar fall is hurting all expats here, as the philippinos are having it better, they are raising prices.

I got word that the previous tough guy in Manila is gone. I hope so.

The C&P was just 10 days ago, they did not give me my met score.

Thanks Again,

Your kindness is so appreciated......Semper Semper Semper rolleyes.gif

I am submitting this not as my evidence, but as to the awareness of the VA at the time of this writing

This letter was dated August 17, 2005

The relevant fact I think is the VA knowledge of fault

http://www.springerl...h5030027798u41/

this is the study link cited

I am a 61 yr old combat marine o331, my sense of this is that I was hosed, and the engine started from the get go to bury all of this.

This is not my entire story, I joined the Marines at 17, in combat at 18. The mind of a young man CANNOT cope with the vision and act of war.

The participation, regardless of orders or not.

This is just my 2 cents, I mean to offend no one by my opinion, but only to make available a tool to be used in a PTSD denial of increase as I have had.

Thanks to all for giving me a forum to vent my anger, and distrust of the system.

And yes for those sexually traumatized WM's out there, it can and does happen to men Marines as well.

[Veterans Name]

This is the exact wording and citing of the private DR I had through Kaiser Medical,

I am posting this as his research Statement within a letter to My Veteran Service Officer

To whom it may concern:

NAME

Veterans Service Officer

County of NAME

Re: Ronald Prince

Kaiser Medical #

To Whom it May concern:

[Veterans Name] requested I write you regarding his heart condition and any relation

there may be to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). As you are likely aware

has been an increasing concern and body of data linking PTSD to subsequent coronary artery disease.

Adding to this was the rescent presentation of the results of the recent VA Normative Aging Study which

demonstrated an age adjusted relative risk of 2.23 with a Multivariate relative risk of 2.07 for the combined end point of Non Fatal MI, CHD Death,

or revascularization. In view of this cumulative data, for the combined end point of nonfatal MI, CHD Death, or revascularization. In view of this cumulative data

, Mr. Prince's premature and sever cardiomyopathy, is viewed as more likely than not, having been cuased by hissconcurrent Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Yours Truly

name

Department Of Cardiology

"PTSD was MORE Likely than not to have contributed to my Ischemic Heart disease."

Did you formally file a heart disease claim at that time?

"I do not know If IHD was requested at that time"

"currently have a 100% rating on my heart disease with -0- compensation"

That would be a NSC rating and the new AO rating should be 100% SC as well. And as John said with SMC too.

Whether you were denied for IHD in the past or not-the date of the NSC rating might well be your retro date under Nehmer.

Edited by Tbird
Removed Personal Identify Information: Name